Rider's Radio Station
Located on the campus of Rider University in Lawrenceville, NJ, 107.7 The Bronc WRRC-FM is a 20-watt, Class-D, non-commercial radio station licensed by the FCC to the Board of Trustees of Rider University and exclusively run by students and overseen by a General Manager/Student Adviser. 107.7 The Bronc has earned its spot as one of the highest-ranking college radio stations in the state and the nation.
Students at the station polish their on-air and management skills, while also learning about the current field of radio broadcasting and the changing medium’s landscape, where skills in promotion, marketing and business are also highly valued. Students on the station’s executive staff hold the same professional positions as that of a commercial radio station.
107.7 The Bronc now broadcasts two radio stations from our new, digital broadcast studios to provide more learning opportunities for our students. 107.7 The Bronc Retro WRRC2, is Rider University's super oldies student-run online radio station. We go back in the day, every day, playing classic hits from the 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s and 90s!
- Students at Rider's radio station, 107.7 The Bronc, work with contemporary broadcast equipment.
- Be the Rider bunny lucky enough to hop away with $1000 at 107.7 The Bronc's Eggscellent Egg Hunt.
- Rider students meet with alumni Garrett Vogel '06 and Jake Tuff '15 from Elvis Duran and the Morning Show.
- 107.7 The Bronc was the first college radio station in history to broadcast live from the Philadelphia Auto Show.
- The best things in life are sweet! Rider students are in for a treat with 107.7 The Bronc's Dessert Wars.
- Scream Screen, 107.7 The Bronc's award-winning drive-in movie experience, strikes fear in Rider's hearts!
- One lucky Rider graduate is Cruisin' From Commencement with the help of 107.7 The Bronc!
The Bronc’s studio features best-in-show equipment currently used at commercial radio stations in the Top 10 media markets. Students learn on cutting-edge digital technology that provides them with an exceptional experience and gives them an unparalleled competitive edge as they enter the job market, including:
- Wheatstone networkable IP digital consoles
- WideOrbit automation for radio system
- Telos Hx6 digital talk show system with Vset6 integrated phones
- VoxPro 7 real time phone recorder/editors
- EV RE320 microphones
- Denon Pro DN-500CB CD/USB/Aux/Bluetooth audio players
- Comrex NX and Access IP audio remote broadcast devices
Events and Contests
Broadcasting over the airwaves and online, Rider’s radio station, 107.7 The Bronc, provides a creative outlet for nearly 100 students each year and produces some of the campus’ biggest and most popular events such as the Halloween drive-in movie and trunk-or-treat Scream Screen, the car giveaway at graduation, Cruisin’ from Commencement, and the springtime Eggscellent Egg Hunt where students search on the Campus Mall for an egg containing a grand prize of a $1,000 gift card.
The station also sponsors the popular Rider Student Top Chef and Dessert Wars cooking contests and has broadcasted live from the Philadelphia Auto Show and the Philadelphia Flower Show. During men’s and women’s basketball games, the station’s Launch-A-Bronc charity promotion has raised more than $25,000 to-date for cancer-related charities.
Tune In to the Biggest Hits
You can listen to 107.7 The Bronc via your car, listen live online, or download the Google Play and Apple apps or the Amazon Alexa Skill.
Tune In to the Classic Hits
You can listen to 107.7 The Bronc Retro listen live online, download the Google Play and Apple apps or the Amazon Alexa Skill.