All Rider University students are required to carry an official photo identification, and show it upon request of authorized personnel. Your photo identification may be displayed on either a physical ID card or the GET mobile application. This official ID photo will also be displayed in University systems such as Canvas.
What is my ID Card for?
The physical ID card or GET mobile app will be used to gain access to residence halls, dining facilities, student recreation center and other locations with restricted access. It is required for access to various campus events and University services including cashier’s and bursar’s offices and when checks are used at the University Store. You will need a physical ID card to access the library, print stations, and to pick up a package from mail services. The ID card is considered official ONLY when it is electronically validated for the current term. ID cards are never transferable. Fraudulent information or lending an ID card to anyone subjects the holder to disciplinary action. The ID card must be surrendered upon withdrawal from the University to the Dean of Students.
Submitting your ID photo
Students are required to have an ID photo. You can submit your photo online. Please review the photo guidelines and step-by-step instructions below before electronically submitting your required items:
- A color passport-size photo with a light colored, solid background. You can crop the photo to the appropriate size after uploading.
- A copy of a government-issued photo identification. Acceptable forms of identification include: driver's license, US or foreign passport, military ID, resident alien card, state ID, or high school ID. You can scan the identification or take a picture with your phone and upload.
Note: If you do not have access to a smartphone or camera to submit an electronic picture, you may have your picture taken at the Public Safety office between 8 a.m. and 8 p.m. seven days a week.
How to submit your required items
- Log in to the CS Gold Webmanager to upload your ID photo picture and government-issued photo identification using your Rider Key Credentials. You may do this on your phone or computer.
- If you are having trouble logging in you may still need to claim your Rider Key. Please follow the instructions on the Rider Key FAQs page. If you are still experiencing problems please contact the OIT Helpdesk.
- Select Submit photo ID.
- Upload your proof of identification.
- Upload a photo. Please make sure that your photo adheres to the following requirements:
- Must have a white smooth background - no other people or objects in photo.
- Must be in color (black and white photos will not be accepted.)
- Sufficient lighting with no shadows.
- Must be a full front view of your head and shoulders only with face filling at least 80% of frame.
- Cropped from just above the top of head to collarbone. (When you submit your photo, the software allows you to crop your photo before submitting it.)
- Do not retouch or otherwise enhance or soften photo.
- You must be looking straight at the camera (No side profiles).
- No hats or sunglasses.
- This picture is for identification purposes. The picture must clearly identify you as a person.
- Supported picture formats are.jpg, .jpeg, .gif and .png
- File size cannot exceed 2MB.
- Before submitting, crop the photo so your head and shoulders are centered and fill 80% of the frame.
- If you get the message "The Image Capture Tool plugin must be installed in order to use video sources or scanners", select install.
- If you have submitted your photos correctly, you will see both your ID picture and your identification displayed on your screen.
- You will be notified by public safety if your photo does not meet the stated requirements above. After you successfully submit the required documents, you can get your ID card printed at the Public Safety office between 8 a.m. and 6 p.m. Monday-Friday.
GET Mobile ID App
We are pleased to announce the availability of the GET mobile ID to supplement your physical Rider ID.
GET is an app designed to be a mobile phone version of your Bronc ID. From within this app, you can open doors, access parking gates, use your meal plan in Daly Dining Hall and place an order on the Grub Hub Kiosk in Cranberry’s.
The app is available from the App Store or Google Play. Once downloaded, students, staff or faculty can use their smartphones to access readers instead of presenting their physical ID.
Instructions for using the GET mobile app (PDF).
When do I get my ID card?
After submitting your picture online, you may visit the Public Safety office between 8 a.m. and 8 p.m. seven days a week to secure a physical ID card.
What if I lose my ID card?
The first time replacement charge for a lost or mutilated card is $30. After that, a new card costs $50.
What if I turn 21 years old?
Students may come to the Public Safety building to be reissued a new card indicating they are over 21 years old.