The orientation leader application is now open! The application is due on Sunday, January 29th.
Orientation Leader Application
All meetings are in Lynch Adler 202:
- Wednesday, January 25th - 6:00 p.m.
- Thursday, January 26th - 11:30 a.m.
- Friday, January 27th - 4:00 p.m.
We hope to see you soon!
What is an orientation leader?
Orientation Leaders are undergraduate student leaders who assist in the organization and execution of Summer Orientation, Welcome Week, and January Orientation. The position is full-time during the summer and the week prior to January Orientation.
Specific duties include:
- Represent Rider University to incoming first year students, transfer students, and their families
- Participate in staff training and development
- Create videos, social media stories, presentations, etc. to spread awareness of orientation to increase prospective students’ participation
- Answer questions asked by new students and family members and/or direct them to appropriate resources/offices
- Connect new students to each other and to current students through clubs/organizations/interests etc.
- Perform office work including filing, organizing, answering the office phone, and keeping inventory of orientation materials
- Utilize online avenues of communication, such as Canvas and social media, to answer questions and deliver accurate information about summer orientation and life as a student at Rider