The Student Navigation Office at Rider University provides individualized support and nurturing to new Freshmen, Transfer, and Adult Learners as they transition to college. Students will work closely with our Navigation Coaches who ensure that each student has access to all of the resources necessary to be successful in their first year – and beyond.
The Student Navigation Office is committed to serving a diverse student body to promote educational equity and excellence at Rider University. Emphasizing the importance of diverse values and respect, we strive to provide students with a shared experience through individualized support intended to foster a community of active learning and meaningful civic engagement. Our office does not discriminate on the basis of any perceived or disclosed identity, nor waiver in our dedication to the Rider community.
Broncs never ride alone!
What We Do
- Provide a safe and supportive environment for students in need of guidance during their first year at Rider
- Connect students with valuable support services that will encourage their academic and personal success
- Educate students on important policies and requirements necessary to complete their programs of study and graduate on-time
- Monitor at-risk students and design strategic improvement plans, as necessary
The Student Navigation Office welcomes first-year students beginning at Orientation and continues involvement throughout their first year at Rider. Learn more about our team and the personalized services they provide to help students navigate their academic careers.
Our Navigation Coaches work with students to:
- Provide individualized support to an assigned caseload of students
- Support each student’s personal growth and development through education, resource referral, and personalized care
- Facilitate the Navigating Rider workshop offered during the first year at Rider
- Implement improvement plans for at-risk students
- Improve overall satisfaction and retention rates, in the first year and beyond
- Introduce students to the New Student Engagement Experience
Our Peer Coaches work with students to:
- Provide peer-level support in the Navigating Rider workshop offered during the first year at Rider
- Engage with and support students one-on-one in the Student Navigation Office
Student Navigation Office
Bart Luedeke Center - Ground Floor