Remote Access Guide for Rider Students
For requests beyond the following topics, contact the Rider OIT Help Desk directly:
- 8/19 Updated Zoom FAQs and Quickstart Guide.
- 8/5 Apporto page created: Apporto Information for Rider Employees and Students
- 3/26 Added section: Libraries are providing online resources
Technology for working remotely
In light of the ongoing COVID-19 (Coronavirus Disease 2019) developments, students should prepare for disruption to classes and other campus operations. We recommend that the Rider community familiarize with the tools outlined below, which make it possible to continue learning and performing many of our day-to-day operations remotely.
As a Rider student I need to:
The following web-based video conferencing and online chat platforms are available for you to connect with your students and colleagues:
Rider Zoom Videoconferencing
- Online classes, webinars, lectures: Attend live web broadcasts worldwide and record to the cloud or computer. Zoom Pro provides meetings of unlimited time duration for up to 300 participants
- Office hours, study groups, meetings, collaboration: Share screens, give Powerpoint presentations or have real-time video conversations during office hours, study groups or collaboration
- Mobile Zoom: Use the Zoom app for iPhone, iPad, or Android for chat and video conference on the go
- Learn how to use it: Zoom QuickStart Guide (PDF), Zoom Help Center, search LinkedInLearning for Zoom
Google Hangouts Online chat
- Hangouts Chat: A messaging platform built for teams.
- Google Suite (accessible from anywhere) includes: Gmail, Calendar, Hangouts, Docs, Sheets, Slides, Forms, Drive
- Apporto - Virtual Windows Desktop environment that allows you to log in to the same environment every time, regardless of the device you are using or your location. It also makes available software that is needed for a specific course.
Collaboration platforms empower you to work with peers from different locations, and since your work is stored in the cloud you can access it from anywhere with an internet connection.
- GSuite includes: Gmail, Calendar, Hangouts, Docs, Sheets, Slides, Forms, Drive
Effective 3/21/20 Governor Murphy has ordered all libraries and computer labs closed. Click here to read
For those students who have no internet access at home, or need access to a hotspot, a number of providers are offering reduced cost and/or open services. Additionally, the FCC has instructed communications companies to provide relief regarding services and payments. Below is the list of providers' responses to Covid-19:
Rider has a limited set of laptops available for student use on a first-come, first-served basis should remote instruction become a necessity. To assure these limited resources are shared with the students with the greatest need, we ask that you only request a laptop if you have no other access to appropriate technology to complete your coursework.
- Please fill out this form to request equipment (login required) and we will contact you within 5 business days or sooner