Welcome to Rider, New Broncs!
We are thrilled that you will be joining our community this fall! You are about to embark on an incredible journey. Now that you’re enrolled, let this page serve as your guide to finding helpful information to make your path to becoming a Rider Bronc as smooth as possible.
Let’s Get Started
You’re in, here are your next steps:
Access your myRider Portal and Rider email
- myRider Portal
- The myRider portal is a personalized hub that allows Rider students quick access to available campus web services and resources.
- To access myRider, visit myRider.rider.edu, click Claim Your RIDER KEY and enter the information requested. In order to claim your account, you will need to enter your Bronc ID, last name, and date of birth. You will then be prompted to set up your password and security questions.
- Find your Bronc ID in the technology letter included in your acceptance packet, or on your Be-A-Bronc applicant dashboard.
- Rider Email
- To access your Rider email account, go to gmail.rider.edu.
- Enter your Username and Password. Your Username is the same as the one you use to access your myRider portal, followed by @rider.edu, so it is entered as [email protected].
- Your password has been set as a default, using your 9-digit Bronc ID and the month and day of your birthday. (Your Bronc ID can be found at the bottom of your acceptance letter.) EX: If your Bronc ID number is 000000001 and your birthday is May 1, your default password is 0000000010501.
- Once you gain access, be sure to start checking your Rider email frequently! All future communications from Rider will be sent to your student email account.
Select On-Campus Housing
- Get the details on living at Rider from room selection, facilities and roommate preferences. Learn more about the new student housing process.
- Move-in day: If you plan to live on campus this fall, please check your Rider email regularly for updates and related information. Learn more about move-in and what to bring to campus
Attend New Student Orientation
Our virtual orientation programs will introduce you and your family to the Rider community, provide practical information and allow you to have some fun with your newest friends and classmates.
New students will complete online orientation in the Canvas learning management platform beginning July 1.
Parents and family members are invited to engage with our virtual Family Orientation page which launches July 1.
Visit rider.edu/orientation for details.
Connect with Financial Aid
Need assistance navigating financial aid? We’re here to help you every step of the way. If you’ve already applied for financial aid, you can review and accept your award offer in your myRider portal.
For additional questions, you may contact One Stop Services at 609-896-5360 or email at [email protected].
Additional financial aid resources:
Review and Satisfy Your Semester Bill
University statements for all semesters as well as monthly statements will be addressed to students and sent to their Rider email address. Parents and other payers, if applicable, may view student’s e-bills and make payments if they are set up as an authorized user.
Submit Required Health Information
Waive/Enroll Health Insurance
All full-time domestic students are required to have comprehensive health insurance coverage. You must WAIVE or ENROLL in the student health insurance plan each academic year. Get information on student health insurance or complete the health insurance waiver.
Submit Final Transcripts (First-year and transfer students)
Incoming first-year students must submit their final high school transcript and transfer students must submit official college transcripts upon completion of any courses in progress.
Please arrange to have all final official academic transcripts (including any recently completed academic work) forwarded to the Office of Undergraduate Admission by August 3, 2020, or as soon as available. Contact the Office of Admissions by phone at 800-257-9026 or email [email protected].
Interact with the Rider community
- Get social and #RiderReady by connecting with your future friends and classmates, and becoming better acquainted with campus through a series of virtual activities:
- Stay connected while practicing social distancing: Join us for a virtual admitted student event.
- Get to know Rider's campus without leaving home: Schedule a virtual summer tour or take a virtual tour, on-demand.