Not sure how to apply for financial aid? Select the option below that best fits your status.
Follow our step-by-step guide:
- Apply for admission to Rider University
- File your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) as soon as possible after October 1 preceding the year in which you plan to enroll. You must include Rider's six digit code number (002628) on the application. Once we receive the results of your needs analysis from the federal processor, we will design a financial aid offer to meet your individual needs. You will receive a financial aid offer from Rider outlining the various types of aid for which you are eligible.
- Rider uses the FAFSA as the foundation for all financial aid offers. The priority filing deadline for all Rider students is February 1. Complete the signature process by signing electronically using your FSA ID. If you need help filling out the FAFSA, call at 609-896-5360 to speak with a financial aid counselor.
- Early Action Financial Aid: If you are a freshman applicant applying for admission through Early Action, you may also apply for early action on your financial aid offer by completing the FAFSA by November 15. If admitted through Early Action, we will also provide you with your complete freshman financial aid offer by the end of December.
- Review your Federal Student Aid Report (SAR)
Your SAR is the response notice you will receive from the Department of Education when you file the FAFSA. You may make corrections at anytime and you will receive an updated SAR.
- New Jersey and Other State Grants
Learn about state grant programs, including deadlines, requirements and procedures.
- Review your Financial Aid Offer
Students who are accepted to Rider will receive a financial aid offer. It is important to review your financial aid offer in your College Financing Plan sheet.
Understand more about the verification requirements and selection process.
- Tuition and Housing Deposits
If you are a new student and you have made your decision to attend Rider, be sure to pay all the required deposits.
- Complete Federal Loan Requirements
If Federal Stafford Loan(s) are included as part of your financial aid offer and you are accepting them, you will need to complete the Stafford Loan Master Promissory Note (MPN) and Entrance Counseling online.
- Determine Your Financial Plan
Plan your strategy to bring your balance to zero utilizing one or more financial options.
Download Rider's information on financing your education (PDF) for important instructions, checklists and resources for new undergraduate students.
- Financial agreement – The University requires all students to complete a Student Financial Agreement through the myRider portal.
- Billing and payment methods – Payments may be made securely through the myRider portal using an e-check or credit card, by mail, over the phone, or at the Cashier’s Office.
- Monthly payment plan – Rider offers an interest free monthly payment plan. Enrollment begins mid July.
- Student health insurance – Full-time students are required to have health insurance coverage. You must waive or enroll in the Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP) each academic year.
- Terms and conditions – Terms and conditions must be accepted for financial aid to disburse. If you decline the terms and conditions, you will not be eligible to receive financial aid. Please follow the steps below to accept the terms and conditions of your award:
- Log into your myRider portal and select the “Applicant” or “Student” Tab
- In the “Student Finances” section, located on the right side of the page, click "Financial Aid Portal"
- Use the drop-down box and select “Award Year 2023-2024”
- Review your Unsatisfied Requirements on the Home Tab and ensure all requirements are completed.
- Select the “Award Offer” Tab
- Review your award offer “Accept” or “Decline” any Federal Stafford Loans offered to you.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page select “Submit” or “Confirm”
- Review and check-off the acknowledge button for your Terms and Conditions and select “Accept Award”
- Federal Direct Stafford Loan checklist – First-time borrowers utilizing Stafford loans must complete Entrance Counseling and a Stafford Loan Master Promissory Note (MPN) online.
- Parent PLUS Loan option – Parent PLUS loans are optional, credit-based federal loans parents of dependent students may use to help cover remaining unmet educational costs.
- Private supplemental loan options – Private loans are optional, credit-based loan programs available to help cover remaining unmet educational costs. There are several lenders who offer private educational loan programs and we have provided you an online student loan comparison tool via www.elmselect.com (enter Rider University in the search tool). These loans can be combined with other financing options to help meet remaining costs.
- You must reapply for financial aid each year while you are in school.
- Maintaining Your Scholarship: Merit based scholarships are annually renewable for up to four consecutive years, provided you maintain continuous, full-time enrollment and the minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) specified in your acceptance letter.
Understanding Financial Aid Awarding
Learn more about the awarding process and the steps you can take to be better prepared to make the best financial decisions.