Pre-Entrance Health Requirements
Welcome to Rider!
Below is information regarding your pre-entrance health requirements for incoming students. Please read this carefully.
Student Health Center is responsible for the public health of our campus and for monitoring and maintaining immunization requirements that are mandated by the State of New Jersey (N.J.A.C. 8:57-6). Please access the Healthy Broncs Portal to complete your health requirements. These requirements are due by August 1 for Fall start term and January 15th for Spring start term.
Due date for completion of health requirements:
- Fall start term: August 1 (July 15 for early arrival athletes & Res Life staff)
- Spring start term: January 15
Due dates for submission of vaccine exemption requests:
- Fall start term: July 15
- Spring start term: January 5
The University will consider requests for medical and religious exemptions from required vaccinations. Exemption requests are carefully considered on a case by case basis but are not automatically granted. Students are encouraged to submit exemption requests as soon as possible in advance of the deadline.
Required health forms
All forms can be printed through the Healthy Broncs Portal.
- IMMUNIZATION RECORD
- All required vaccination fields must be completed. You do not have to use our form; an Immunization Record from your provider or previous school, can be substituted as long as it contains all the necessary Rider requirements. Please have your provider sign and stamp either form.
- Be sure to obtain any missing immunizations. If your healthcare provider does not offer certain immunizations local pharmacies provide these services.
- Vaccination requirements include:
- COVID-19: Students are required to have received 1 dose of a 1 dose vaccination series or 2 doses of a 2 dose vaccination series. COVID-19 boosters are not required but are highly recommended.
- Hepatitis B: The Hepatitis B vaccine is required for all students enrolled in 12 or more credits as well as all athletes, residents and international students.
- MMR: Students are required to be vaccinated against measles, mumps and rubella.
- Meningitis: The Meningitis ACYW vaccine is required for all first-time freshmen (regardless of residency) and any transfer student residing in the residence hall on campus.
- MENINGITIS INFORMATION (to be completed on the portal)
- The State of New Jersey requires that students and parents are aware of a potentially life-threatening disease called Meningococcal Meningitis.
- All parents and students are required to read the information concerning Meningitis and the information regarding an available vaccine: Meningococcal Disease for College Students (PDF)
- TUBERCULOSIS (TB) SCREENING QUESTIONNAIRE (to be completed on the portal)
- PHYSICIANS EVALUATION FOR TUBERCULOSIS
- Required only if you answered YES to one or more questions on the Tuberculosis (TB) Screening Questionnaire.
- If you answered YES to one or more questions you will be required to schedule an appointment with your healthcare provider for TB testing and evaluation.
- This form is NOT required if you answered NO to all of the questions.
Submitting Health Forms
- Register for the Healthy Broncs Portal
- Click “Register” at the top right corner
- When registering, please enter your username as the first part of your email (i.e. everything BEFORE the @rider.edu)
- You will receive an email in your Rider email inbox from [email protected] with a link that will allow you to create your own password. When creating your password, it must be:
- at least 8 characters’ long
- contain numbers and letters
- contain upper and lowercase letters
- contain at least one special character
- If you need assistance, please contact the Helpdesk at 609-219-3000 or [email protected]
- Students that have already registered for the portal do not need to register again.
- Student Health Center will provide you with detailed steps on how to complete your health requirements.
- Immunization Requirements: You will need to “upload the form” to the portal and “Enter Dates” Using the Rider Immunization form as a guide, manually type in the dates that you received the immunizations. If you are submitting laboratory immunity testing in place of vaccination dates, leave the spaces blank. When finished, click “Submit”. Both steps need to be completed in order to be compliant.
- When all steps have been completed, your records will be queued for review by the Health Center staff. When this review is complete, a message will be sent to your Healthy Bronc Portal account. You will be informed if your requirements are complete or incomplete. Be sure to monitor your portal account and Rider email account frequently.
A word about scanning documents for upload into Healthy Broncs Portal
If you do not have a scanner, scanning apps are available for download from the App Store on your smartphone (e.g. CamScanner-free version). Other options are your local public library (most have scanners for free use with a library membership-also free), and your local Staples store (fee charged). Do NOT fax, email or bring records to our office. They will NOT be reviewed and will further delay the clearing of your holds.
Health Insurance Requirements
All full-time students (12+ credits) are required to have comprehensive health insurance coverage. You must WAIVE or ENROLL in the Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP) each academic year. Please visit our Student Health Insurance page for more information.