Achieve your goals
Before you apply, the first step is to learn about our different programs and requirements. We offer multiple degree and certificate programs and various course delivery options to provide you with the flexibility you need.
Non-matriculated and visiting students: If you are unsure of the program you wish to pursue, but you want to get started, use the Continuing Education application to apply as a non-matriculated student. Using this option will allow you to take a variety of courses. If you’re visiting from another institution, complete the Continuing Education application as a visiting student.
Rider's online application
Who is considered a continuing education student?
Continuing Education students are adult learners, including veterans and active duty military personnel, age 25 or over who seek to start or complete an undergraduate degree or certificate.
Continuing Education students benefit from Rider’s intentionally structured academic pathways, special tuition rates and a range of support services designed to help adult students achieve their academic goals quickly, affordably and seamlessly.
See the list below to find the specific information required for admission. If you have questions, please call the Office of Admission at 609-896-5036, e-mail at [email protected] or schedule a one-on-one appointment.
Note: Students under the age of 25 with credits from another college or university should visit the Transfer Admissions website for application information.
If you are not a United States citizen or permanent resident, please use the international application.
Steps to apply
Continuing Education Online Application
Apply to Rider today by using our convenient online application.
If you are returning to Rider to re-enroll in Continuing Education program that you previously started, apply for re-admission through the Registrar's office.
To apply as an Audit/Non-Credit student, please fill out the Continuing Education online application.
Submit official transcripts from every college or university attended unless you are applying for non-matriculated status (not seeking a degree or certificate). Degree-seeking candidates with fewer than 30 college credits should also submit an official high school transcript or copy of your GED certificate.
Additional entrance requirements
- Students must be aged 25 and over to enroll in on-campus and hybrid programs.
- Adult learners of any age may enroll in Rider’s 100% online programs.
RN to BSN Students
- Copies of current / unrestricted nursing license.
- No age restrictions to enroll. This program is available 100% online.
Post-Baccalaureate Pre-medical, Pre-dental and Pre-veterinary Certificate Programs
- Complete the Eligibility Evaluation Request. Requests will be reviewed by the Post-Baccalaureate committee and results confirmed by Rider University staff
- Submit the request to the Office of Admission along with a current resume and a statement explaining why you wish to pursue a medical/dental/veterinary degree at this point in your life
- Have official transcripts from all higher education institutions attended sent to the Office of Admission
- Email materials to: [email protected]
- Once you are accepted into the program, complete and submit the Continuing Education application form ($50 non-refundable fee).
Admissions Mailing Address
Office of Admission
2083 Lawrenceville Road
Lawrenceville, NJ, USA 08648-3099