Are you eligible for extra college credit?
Have you recently participated in any professional development courses, assumed new work responsibilities, or have military training? You may be eligible to earn college credit for what you've learned - and further minimize your time in the classroom.
Students interested in learning more about credit for prior learning and Rider’s available options should contact an admissions counselor.
Credit for Prior Learning Options
- The American Council on Education‘s College Credit Recommendation Service connects workplace learning with colleges and universities by helping adults gain access to academic credit for formal courses and examinations taken outside the traditional classroom.
- CREDIT (ACE College Credit Recommendation Service)
- Make the most of the knowledge you already have. Earn credit for what you already know by taking a college level exam in a particular subject area. Our advisors will guide you through the process and recommend what test fits best within your program of study.
- CLEP (The College-Level Examination Program)
- DSST (offered by the American Council on Education)
- NYU School of Professional Studies Testing (Foreign Language, Translation and Interpreting tests)
- Rider University is a proud Yellow Ribbon school. Since 1865 Rider University has opened its doors to veterans and military service members. Turn your military experience and training into college credits. Our experienced advisors can help you navigate the process.
- Joint Services Transcript (JST) Submit a request for an official copy of your transcript
- Community College of the Air Force Submit a request for an official copy of your transcript
For more information, schedule a one-on-one appointment with an admissions counselor.