Center for Entrepreneurial Studies
The Center's Mission
To help individuals discover and nurture their entrepreneurial potential for the creation of new ventures and the enhancement of their entrepreneurial spirit.
The Center's Goal
We seek to provide individuals with the requisite tools to help them achieve their entrepreneurial potential through experiential learning.
- ENT Club Meeting 3/3, 6 p.m.
- 3D Printing Session 3/24, 11:45 a.m.
- ENT Club Meeting 3/23, 6 p.m.
- ENT Club Meeting 4/8, 6 p.m.
- 3D Printing Session 4/14, 11:45 a.m.
- ENT Club Meeting 4/22, 6 p.m.
Key Features of the Center for Entrepreneurial Studies for Students
- An undergraduate major in Entrepreneurial Studies
- An undergraduate minor in Entrepreneurial Studies for non-business students.
- Student Venture Fund (SVE) – Rider will provide seed money for Norm Brodsky College of Business students to create their own ventures while they earn their undergraduate degree. The Student Venture Experience won a Best Practice Award at the Small Business Institute National Conference in San Diego.
- Small Business Institute – Provides confidential consulting to small businesses and organizations by teams of faculty-supervised graduate or upper-level undergraduate business students.
- Advisory Board – Entrepreneurs who can offer advice and guidance to students – currently used for SVE and SBI.
- The Entrepreneurial Studies Center is located in Sweigart 226 and is usually open Mon-Thurs 11:30 a.m.-5:00 p.m. – CBA students have this location to brainstorm venture ideas.
- Join the DECA club.
- Resources for Current Students and Alumni
To find out more information, please contact:
Areas of Expertise
Small business management; small firm consulting; starting new ventures; family businesses; business planning
Business planning; microenterprises
Director of Entrepreneurial Studies and the Small Business Institute
Entrepreneurship, Strategy, Diversity, New Ventures, and Human Capital
Doctor of Philosophy, 2017, Georgia Institute of Technology Scheller College of Business, Strategic Management (Entrepreneurship focus)
Master of Business Administration, 2006, University of Chicago Booth School of Business, Strategy and Entrepreneurship
Bachelor of Engineering, 1999, University of Delhi College of Engineering, Civil Engineering