How to Apply
Applications for the 2022 course are now open and will close on May 12th.
Slots are limited as registration is on a first come, first serve basis, and space is limited. You must be a veteran, veteran spouse, or dependent of a veteran to be eligible to participate and have a business concept to pursue.
Interested applicants should complete the registration form and they will be notified of their acceptance after a review of their information.
About the Program
The Center for Entrepreneurial Studies at Rider University offers a free seven week entrepreneurship program during early summer. This program will have veterans develop a business concept and explore the feasibility of that concept for a new venture idea or to grow an existing business. The class size is limited to 20 students to allow for instructor feedback and individualized attention, which is vital during the development of the business concept and feasibility study. All classes will take place at Rider’s Lawrenceville campus.
Each veteran will receive access to Rider University library resources, and plenty of feedback. This program can be taken for college credit as well. Rider’s Office of Veterans and Military Affairs will work with applicants to determine eligibility for veterans benefits. A limited number of scholarships for veterans are available.
Upon completion of the program, veterans can apply for one year of mentoring as they pursue their venture dreams.
All classes will meet from 6-9 pm Wednesday evenings on the weeks indicated below during Summer I. There will be online class on Mondays each week as well.
- Week 1 - Feasibility Study and Business Concept Development
- Week 2 - Business Plan Overview and Business Description
- Week 3 - Market Research 1, Industry structure, Industry trends, Business Research Skills
- Week 4 - Market Research 2, Competitive analysis, Demographics, Competitive Advantage
- Week 5 - Market Plan & Management, Promotions, Pricing, Sales Assumptions and Forecast
- Week 6 - Operations, Equipment, Supplies, Personnel, Inventory, All Costs
- Week 7 - Financials, Cash Flow and wrap up
In the News
- 8/11/21 - Jersey Proud: 13 veterans graduate from Rider’s entrepreneurship program
- 8/11/21 - Rider helps veterans develop and expand their business ideas
This program has been made possible through our partnership with our gold sponsors, New Jersey Bankers Charitable Foundation and The Uncommon Individual Foundation, who share our vision of helping foster veterans’ personal and professional growth through entrepreneurial training.
For further information please contact: