Frequently asked questions
Medical Excuse Notes Policy
- Our main focus at the Student Health Center is to provide students with the necessary tools to maintain their personal health. Most illnesses and injuries seen at the health center are acute and minor and should only require minimal, if at all classes to be missed. Our role is to teach students how to symptomatically manage their symptoms and we encourage them to make their own decision regarding feeling well enough to attend class.
- Students who need to miss class due to illness/injury are encouraged to notify their faculty that they are ill or injured and unable to attend class. Any other instructions provided on the syllabus should also be followed.
- We encourage students to have appropriate conversations with their faculty member to identify how to work around the illness to best support academic achievement and fulfill academic responsibilities.
- If you are going to be out of class for an extended period of time due to an illness or injury please contact the Dean of Students office for assistance.
- If you have any questions about this policy please contact the Student Health Center at 609-896-5060.