Audition and Interview requirements
The following is important information for programs requiring an Audition or Interview as part of the application process for the College of Arts and Sciences. In order to maintain our mission of accessibility, Rider University will be offering a hybrid of in-person and virtual audition dates for the 2022-2023 academic year.
Please review the specific academic and artistic requirements for your major. This information can be found on your school’s individual page.
Westminster Choir College
- Voice Performance
- Music Education
- Music (B.A.M.)
School of Communication, Media and Performing Arts
- Musical Theatre - Theatre with a Concentration in Musical Theatre (B.F.A. or B.A.)
- Theatre with a Concentration in Design & Technology (B.A.)
- Acting for Film, Television, and Theatre (B.F.A.)
- Theatre with a Concentration in Contemporary Theatre Practice (B.A.)
- All Auditions and/or Interviews will be a hybrid of in-person and virtual dates for 2022-2023.
- Auditions and/or Interviews are required for admission to all Westminster Choir College and some School of Communication, Media, and Performing Arts
- The first step of your audition or interview process is to submit your Academic Application.
- Please visit your school’s specific page for further instruction.
- All auditions and interviews are evaluated by faculty members from the relevant departments.
- The Application Deadline for Musical Theatre is November 15.
- All PreScreen Materials must be submitted by that time.
- You cannot submit your academic application and your prescreen materials in the same day.
- It will take two to three days for us to build your customized Dashboard so that your prescreen materials can be uploaded.
- The Application Deadline for Acting for Film, Television, and Theatre is November 15.
- Applicants to audition or interview-based programs (including Acting for Film, Television, and Theatre & Musical Theatre) are eligible for Early Action benefits and may apply for the Trustee Scholarship, provided they apply for admission by November 15 and attend an audition in December. However, applicants applying for Acting for Film, Television, and Theatre & Musical Theatre will not receive their admission nor financial aid decision by December 20. If applicants for these programs are admitted and enroll by May 1, they will receive all other early action benefits.
- The Trustee Scholarship Application is available to all College of Arts and Sciences applicants.
- All students interested in Early Action or the Trustee Scholarship must audition or interview before December 20.
- All students applying for the Trustee Scholarship must submit an application, and if applicable, Pre Screen Materials by November 15.
Westminster Choir College Undergraduate Audition & Interview Dates
- Saturday, December 10, 2022
- Saturday, January 21, 2023
- Saturday, February 4, 2023
- Saturday, February 18, 2023 (Live Virtual)
School of Communication, Media and Performing Arts Audition & Interview Dates
- Saturday, December 3, 2022
- Saturday, January 14, 2023
- Saturday, February 4, 2023 (Live Virtual)
Regional Unified Dates
- New York- January 28 & 29, 2023
- Chicago- February 6 & 7, 2023
- Los Angeles- February 11 & 12, 2023
*All dates are subject to change
Answers to frequently asked questions can be found on your school's individual page:
If you have any questions regarding your audition or interview, please call the Office of Admission at 800-257-9026 or email: [email protected]
Explore the Arts at Rider
Explore the arts at Rider University up close and personal. Request up to three complimentary tickets to attend an upcoming performance.