Audition and Interview requirements
The following is important information for programs requiring an Audition or Interview as part of the application process for the College of Arts and Sciences. In order to maintain our mission of accessibility, Rider University will be offering a hybrid of in-person and virtual audition dates for the 2023-2024 academic year.
Please review the specific academic and artistic requirements for your major. This information can be found on your school’s individual page.
- Voice Performance
- Music Education
- Music (B.A.M.)
- Musical Theatre (B.F.A.)
- Theatre with a Concentration in Design & Technology (B.A.)
- Acting for Film, Television, and Theatre (B.F.A.)
- Theatre with a Concentration in Contemporary Theatre Practice (B.A.)
- All Auditions and/or Interviews will be a hybrid of in-person and virtual dates for 2023-2024.
- Auditions and/or Interviews are required for admission to all Westminster Choir College and some School of Communication, Media, and Performing Arts
- The first step of your audition or interview process is to submit your Academic Application.
- Please visit your school’s specific page for further instruction.
- All auditions and interviews are evaluated by faculty members from the relevant departments.
- For updates and to register for your audition/interview, visit your Be-A-Bronc Applicant Dashboard. There is a non-refundable audition/interview fee of $50 to register for your audition/interview. The fee is collected at time of registration and must be paid in order for the registration form to be submitted.
- The Application Deadline for Musical Theatre is November 15.
- All Prescreen Materials must be submitted by that time.
- It will take two to three days for us to build your customized Dashboard so that your prescreen materials can be uploaded.
- You cannot submit your academic application and your prescreen materials in the same day.
- It is preferred that you submit your materials by November 15th, but will have until November 20th to do so.
- The Application Deadline for Acting for Film, Television, and Theatre is November 15.
Applicants to audition or interview-based programs (including Acting for Film, Television, and Theatre & Musical Theatre) are eligible for Early Action benefits and may apply for the Trustee Scholarship, provided they apply for admission by November 15 and attend an audition in December. However, applicants applying for Acting for Film, Television, and Theatre & Musical Theatre will not receive their admission nor merit-based scholarships by December 20. If applicants for these programs are admitted and enroll by May 1, they will receive all other early action benefits.
The Trustee Scholarship Application is available to all College of Arts and Sciences applicants. All students interested in Early Action or the Trustee Scholarship must audition or interview before December 20. All students applying for the Trustee Scholarship must submit an application, and if applicable, Prescreen Materials by November 15.
Westminster Choir College Undergraduate Audition & Interview Dates
- Saturday, December 9, 2023
- Saturday, January 20, 2024
- Saturday, February 17, 2024 (Live Virtual)
School of Communication, Media and Performing Arts Audition & Interview Dates
- Saturday, December 9, 2023
- Saturday, January 13, 2024
- Saturday, February 3, 2024 (Live Virtual)
Regional Unified Dates*
- New York- January 27 & 28, 2024
- Chicago- February 5 & 6, 2024
- Los Angeles- February 10, 2024 (On-Site Recorded)
*All dates are subject to change
There is a non-refundable audition/interview fee of $50 to register for your audition/interview. The fee is collected at the time of registration and must be paid in order for the registration form to be submitted.
Answers to frequently asked questions can be found on your school's individual page: