Be An Early Action Applicant
If Rider University is among your top college choices, take advantage of our Early Action Admission program for a Fall 2024 start. View requirements and deadlines
Apply by November 15!*
Rider is a Common App school.
Applicants to audition or interview-based programs (including the B.F.A. Acting for Film, Television, and Theatre & B.F.A. Musical Theatre) are eligible for Early Action benefits and may apply for the Trustee Scholarship, provided they apply for admission by November 15 and attend an audition in December.
Benefits of applying by November 15
- Peace of Mind: Take the stress out of senior year: get your Rider admission decision by December 20! Because Rider Early Action Admission is non-binding, you have until May 1 to accept.
- Priority Scholarship Consideration: You’ll automatically be considered for Rider’s merit-based scholarships and receive your award with your admission decision.
- Early Action Financial Aid Offer: If you are admitted to Rider as an Early Action applicant and submit the FAFSA, you will receive a priority Financial Aid Offer, detailing all forms of federal, state, and Rider aid for which you qualify, as soon as your FAFSA data is available to the University.
- Free Parking: We'll waive only your first year parking fee ($250)!
- Priority Course Scheduling in Your First Semester: Students who complete the necessary requirements receive first priority in course scheduling for the Fall 2024 semester.
Rider practices rolling admissions. Once your application is complete, you will be notified of your decision. Applications completed after the stated deadlines will be considered on a space-available basis.
Fall 2024 Semester - September Start Deadlines
*Applicants to audition or interview-based programs (including the B.F.A. Acting for Film, Television, and Theatre & B.F.A. Musical Theatre) are eligible for Early Action benefits and may apply for the Trustee Scholarship, provided they apply for admission by November 15 and attend an audition in December. NOTE, applicants will not receive their admission nor merit-based scholarships by December 20. If applicants for these programs are admitted and enroll by May 1, they will receive all other early action benefits.
**To be considered for the maximum amount of scholarships for which you are eligible, your application must be complete, including all required credentials. If you are applying to a major that requires an audition, auditions scheduled for an audition day after January 15 will not disqualify you from maximum scholarship consideration.