Graduate Student Resources

We welcome you as part of the Rider graduate student community. Take advantage of everything Rider has to offer and remember, we’re here to help. Here are the resources you’ll need:

Executive in Residence: Career Counseling for Graduate Students
For the past year, the Norm Brodsky College of Business’ Executive in Residence Program has assisted Rider’s graduate students in navigating a challenging job market. Our two senior executives in residence are ready to help our students plan their career changes or start their first job search. Through seminars and one-on-one counseling sessions, they help our students develop career strategies and actions to improve their professional success.

The Executives in Residence for Career Services are a team of senior executives who have both real-world experiences combined with expertise in the ever-evolving job market. Robin Fogel and Lloyd George are available to coach, train and assist our students in maximizing the impact of their job searches and career plans.

Today's job market is more uncertain and dynamic than it has been in over 30 years. However, with the proper planning and knowledge you will differentiate yourself from the competition. This team is versed in the latest trends and tools available to both the active and passive job seeker. Our team of seasoned professionals can assist in resume preparation, interviewing skills and social networking sources.

Please take advantage of this team of executives as they're here to help.

Vehicle Registration & Parking
All vehicles must be registered with the Safety and Security Department. If you registered your vehicle during an earlier Graduate Business registration period, the decals that you received are still valid and will remain so for your entire academic program. Therefore, registering your vehicle is not necessary unless you have changed vehicles since your last registration or have a new license plate. If your vehicle registration information has changed or if you are attending Rider’s Graduate Business program for the first time, you may secure new Rider decals by going to the Safety & Security office (General Services building) at any time during the day or night.

The office is open seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day. Be prepared to show your state vehicle registration form, your driver’s license and your insurance card.

Parking for students is permitted in the lot in front of the Bart Luedeke Center.

Student Health/Insurance
The Student Health Center is staffed by a Registered Nurse 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. During the fall and spring semesters, a physician is available most days. Students should call the Health Center at 609.896.5060 for specific doctor's hours. Women's Health Clinic is conducted one afternoon per week.

In addition to first aid for accidents, the Student Health Services evaluates and treats minor ailments, provides any needed laboratory testing, inhalation therapy, crutches, and medications.

Women's Health Clinic provides the students with reproductive health care and prevention. Appointments can be made by calling the Health Center at 609.896.5060.

Health Services personnel are available for private conferences pertaining to personal and/or health related matters. Referral to the Counseling Center and medical specialists or dentists can be arranged through Student Health Services.

Student Health Services is responsible for the public health of the campus and for the medical services for all full-time undergraduate students. (Part-time undergraduates or graduate students who have purchased the Rider Accident and Health Insurance or who reside on campus may also utilize Student Health Services.) In order to fulfill both of these responsibilities, the Health Center requires that the student submit a Student Health Record (Student Health Record for Lawrenceville students) (Student Health Record for WCC students), completed by a physician prior to entering school. Students should make and keep a copy of this document before mailing it to the Health Center. Individual health records are maintained for students who utilize the Health Center. Health Services staff recognizes that all records are confidential, and will not be released to anyone without written permission from the student.

Accident and Sickness Insurance
New Jersey law requires all full-time Graduate, Continuing Studies and Undergraduate Rider students maintain health insurance coverage for the period of their enrollment and present evidence of that coverage to Rider University. Those students not covered by their own family policies will be covered by the insurance plan provided through the university. Visit the Student Health Services Web site for more information.

Students who wish to waive the Rider University Accident and Sickness insurance can do so by completing the waiver form by the first week of the semester and returning it to: The Office of the Bursar, Rider University 2083 Lawrenceville Road, Lawrenceville, New Jersey 08648.

All part-time, degree seeking graduate and CCS students born after 1956 are required to provide proof of immunity against three childhood illnesses: Mumps, Measles and Rubella. This requirement can be accomplished by providing official documentation of two immunizations against Measles, and one against Mumps and Rubella, OR by providing blood titer levels showing immunity to all 3 illnesses. This documentation can be obtained from your private physician, high school or previous college, or local Health Department.

All new incoming students, regardless of their status are required to read the informational letter concerning meningitis and the available vaccine, which is available on the Student Health Services Web page. Beginning September 2004, all residential students will be required to receive the meningitis vaccine, Menomune A/C/Y/W-135. The date the vaccine was received, as with the dates of the other required vaccines, must be recorded on the Student Health Record in order for students to fulfill their Health Services requirements. After reading this information, all new incoming students are required to make an informed decision about the vaccine and report their option to Rider University by completing the Vaccine Reporting Form. This letter and form can be down loaded from the Student Health Services web page. Once the Vaccine Reporting Form is been completed, it should be returned to the Student Health Center to be kept on file.

Part-time graduate or CCS students who reside on campus are eligible to use the services of the Student Health Center. These students MAY also be required to show proof of immunization against Meningitis.

In order for part-time residential students to use these services of the Health Center, a completed Student Health Record is required. This record can be obtained by going to the Student Health Services Web page and down loading the appropriate form.

Vaccines for Mumps, Measles and Rubella, and Meningitis can be obtained at the Student Health Center for a fee, which can be billed to your student account.

Food on Campus
For information on costs, location options and hours of operation please visit the Rider's Dining and Food Services designed for Rider University’s commuter students.

Photo IDs

Students who need to obtain a new or replacement ID card should go to Public Safety Monday through Friday 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. New Student ID photos will also be taken in the Bart luedeke Center, Room 137, during the fall and spring semester's one-stop enrollment clearance periods. Students who lose their ID card after hours can obtain a temporary card at Public Safety. If you lose your ID, please note that there is a $30 replacement fee charged to have a new photo taken for a replacement card.

University Bookstore Hours
Books for your courses can be purchased from the University bookstore in the Student Center (bottom floor). Normal hours during the semester are 8:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Monday through Thursday; Friday 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. For additional information, call direct at (609) 896-5121.


If you are finishing your graduate business degree you MUST complete a degree application in order to graduate. You may do this in one of two ways:

  • Online - Go to myRider and click on the "Apply to Graduate" under "Academic Tools" and complete the degree application.
  • On Paper - Print out the attaches degree application. Once completed, you can return it via email or to (SWG 236). PLEASE WRITE LEGIBLY.

Please carefully check the spelling of your name. How your name appears when you apply is how it will be printed in the commencement program book and on your diploma. If you have changes or questions, please contact the Registrar's Office at 896-50565. Also make sure that your address is updated in our system so that your diploma is sent to the correct address.