Nancy Froysland Hoerl, Coordinator
This popular program features trips to Saturday matinee performances at the Metropolitan Opera at Lincoln Center, New York. Opera excursions include round-trip coach transportation, background information on each opera, and information about restaurants in the Lincoln Center area.
The bus leaves Princeton at approximately 9:30 a.m. to arrive in New York in time for a leisurely lunch and shopping or browsing and returns immediately following the final curtain.
The 2018-19 season includes the following Metropolitan Opera productions:
- October 13: Saint-Saëns’ Samson et Dalila
- October 27: Puccini’s La Fanciulla del West
- December 8: Puccini’s Il Trittico
- February 16: Mozart’s Don Giovanni
- March 2: Donizetti’s La Fille du Régiment
A limited number of orchestra balance and balcony tickets are available. Ticket options and fees are detailed in a separate brochure. All sales are final.
OUR OPERA LECTURES ARE A MUST!
These lectures are a wonderful way to enhance your Opera Outings experience. Lecturer Tim Urban will examine each opera’s historical background and compositional style through recordings and group discussion. Lectures generally take place Saturdays from 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. one week before each opera-outing excursion.
** Added opera lectures the week before 2 high-definition Met Opera broadcasts will enhance your opera experience through insights into the operas and composers, with background information about the opera’s cast and creators.
Options and fees are detailed in a separate brochure. The cost includes the lecture, a handout about the opera, and refreshments. All sales are final.
- October 6: Saint-Saëns’ Samson et Dalila
- October 20: Puccini’s La Fanciulla del West
- December 1: Puccini’s Il Trittico
- January 5: Cilea’s Adriana Lecouvreur **
- February 9: Mozart’s Don Giovanni
- February 23: Donizetti’s La Fille du Régiment
- March 23: Wagner’s Die Walküre **