Nancy Froysland Hoerl, Coordinator
This popular program features trips to Saturday matinee performances at the Metropolitan Opera at Lincoln Center, New York. Opera excursions include round-trip coach transportation, background information on each opera, and information about restaurants in the Lincoln Center area.
The bus leaves Princeton at approximately 9:30 a.m. to arrive in New York in time for a leisurely lunch and shopping or browsing and returns immediately following the final curtain.
The 2017-18 season includes the following Metropolitan Opera productions:
- November 11: Massenet’s Thaïs
- December 2: Verdi’s Requiem
- February 17: Wagner’s Parsifal
- April 21: Verdi’s Luisa Miller
A limited number of orchestra balance and balcony tickets are available. Ticket options and fees are detailed in a separate brochure. All sales are final.
OUR OPERA LECTURES ARE A MUST!
These lectures are a wonderful way to enhance your Opera Outings experience. Lecturer Tim Urban will examine each opera’s historical background and compositional style through recordings and group discussion. Lectures generally take place Saturdays from 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. one week before each opera-outing excursion.
** Added opera lectures the week before 4 high-definition Met Opera broadcasts will enhance your opera experience through insights into the operas and composers, with background information about the opera’s cast and creators.
Options and fees are detailed in a separate brochure. The cost includes the lecture, a handout about the opera, and refreshments. All sales are final.
- September 30: Bellini’s Norma **
- October 21: Adès’ Exterminating Angel **
- November 4: Massenet’s Thaïs
- December 1 (Friday 7-9:30pm): Verdi’s Requiem
- February 10: Wagner’s Parsifal
- March 3: Rossini’s Semiramide **
- April 14: Verdi’s Luisa Miller