Management and Leadership
The manager's job is an exciting and fast-paced one that requires the ability to make decisions quickly and facilitate the work of others. The Management and Leadership major gives students the knowledge and skills they need to compete in a rapidly changing global marketplace. Firms of all sizes and in all fields need good managers who know how to motivate subordinates, manage teams, resolve conflicts, and lead by example.
Businesses want new employees who can handle themselves as subordinates, supervisors, and team members. Whether students are looking for a position with a medium to large organization or thinking of starting companies of their own, the Management and Leadership major provides the knowledge and skills they will need to be successful.
Graduates from the Management & Leadership program will be able to:
- Summarize major theories associated with the management of organizations
- Explain how the functions of organizing, planning, leading and controlling contribute to the role of the manager
- Demonstrate a sense of self efficacy with respect to supervising, managing, and working with others in teams and organizations
- Evaluate interpersonal management situations to select appropriate means for communicating effectively, providing feedback, resolving conflict, and leading with empathy and authority
- Apply knowledge about ethical decision-making, diversity and inclusion, and international business to practical and complex managerial questions
- Resolve real-world managerial challenges through role plays, case studies, presentations, or authentic experiential situations
- Develop career goals and deepen understanding of the complexities around career management.
For more information, contact:
- Ph.D. Temple University, Fox School of Business, Philadelphia, PA, Organization and Human Resources, 2010
- M.B.A. Northwestern University, Kellogg School of Management, Evanston, IL, Marketing, 1991
- B.S. Tulane University, New Orleans, LA, Psychology, 1986