M.A. in Athletic Leadership
Whether you are a current and aspiring coach or athletic administrator, Rider University’s new M.A. in Athletic Leadership offers you the credentials and training needed to advance in your chosen career. Meet the challenges of today — and tomorrow — with a graduate degree focused on such practical issues as leadership, sports psychology, policies and governance, ethics and coaching development. The program offers access to Rider’s extensive and diverse academic expertise in the subject, including business, communication and psychology.
- Students are able to tailor their courses by selecting one of the four track options aligned with their career goals.
- Relevant studies focused on addressing the real-life challenges faced by coaches and administrators.
- Meaningful, hands-on internships.
Internships can be fulfilled in athletic or administrative positions, with internees free to seek internships at current or other places of employment. Prior coaching experience will be considered and may be creditable.
What You’ll Gain
- Effective leadership skills in coaching and athletic administration
- A knowledge of sports psychology and the tools needed to enhance team performance and motivation
- Strategies and protocols to resolve safety issues
- Training in concussion protocols, CPR and basic first aid
- Ability to think critically and creatively problem solve
- Skills needed to be an effective communicator
- Knowledge of appropriate athletic conditioning techniques and how to create and evaluate them for use at various levels
- An understanding of ethical and legal issues within athletics at the junior high, high school and collegiate levels
* Hybrid format option is also available.
Call Us: 609-896-5036
To take advantage of this exciting new master’s program, contact:
American University; Biopsychology, Experimental Psychology Professor. Dr. Brosvic is an experimental psychologist specializing in the biological bases of sensation and animal learning.