M.A. in Athletic Leadership
About the Program
Whether you are a current and aspiring athlete, coach or athletic administrator, Rider University’s M.A. in Athletic Leadership offers you the credentials and training needed to advance in your chosen career. Meet the challenges of today — and tomorrow — with a graduate degree focused on such practical issues as leadership, sports psychology, policies and governance, ethics and coaching development. The program offers access to Rider’s extensive and diverse academic expertise in the subject, including business, communication and psychology. Available in an online or hybrid format to accommodate your unique scheduling needs.
4 + 1 Program for Current Rider Students
With careful planning, you can earn your M.A. in Athletic leadership in just one additional year — saving you time and money! Qualified rising seniors can earn up to 6 credit hours toward the master’s program by taking 2 graduate-level courses as part of their undergraduate requirements. The remaining 30 credit hours can be divided between the Fall, Spring, J Term, and Summer semesters.
- A bachelor’s degree or higher in any discipline from an accredited college or university
- A completed graduate study application with a $50 non-refundable application fee
- Two professional recommendations from individuals who can speak to the applicant’s career aspirations, with recommendation materials submitted online.
- A written personal statement of 500 words describing experience as an athlete or administrator and your career aspirations.
- Official transcripts from the undergraduate degree-granting institution
- No minimum GPA
- Graduate test scores are not required
American University; Professor of Positive and Experimental Psychology, and specialist in human performance.
Dr. Brosvic served as a member of the Board of Directors of the International Children's Aid Foundation (ICAF), an international foundation which operates exclusively in the orphanages, abandoned baby units, and homes for the irrecoverables in Romania. Dr. Brosvic now serves as a member of the Board of Directors of LENAM—Ranchito con Esperanza which oversees a significant orphanage and training facility in Jalisco, Mexico.