The Center for Entrepreneurial Studies Mentor Program’s goals are to provide students with guidance in starting a business or with careers that can help them enhance their entrepreneurial skillset.
A mentor can help you on your way to succeed at Rider and beyond by:
- Helping to shape and refine your goals
- Discussing pathways to future careers or entrepreneurial endeavors
- Discussing the necessary academic and personal preparation needed to move forward
- Sharing obstacles you need to overcome to achieve success and the skills required to be successful.
- Sharing tips for networking and continued professional development.
- Discussing involvement with professional groups/organizations and how they have impacted your mentor's career
- Talking about work-life balance, approach to stress-relief, mantras, and more.
Minimum participant requirements
- Rider student, in sophomore, junior, senior or graduate year, in good standing
- Complete an application and interview process with members of mentoring committee
- Attendance at mentee meetings and semester-end mixer
- A minimum of six contacts (via email, telephone or in person) from October to the end of April with a minimum requirement of two face to face contacts
- Complete an interim and final assessment