Lead the Herd!
Apply for the prestigious Transfer Trustee Scholarship, a full-tuition scholarship given to our TOP 3 community college graduates who plan to start at Rider in the Fall semester. Rider's Trustee Scholarship provides FULL TUITION for 2 years of full-time study, a value of over approximately $72,500.
To be considered for the Fall 2022 Transfer Trustee Scholarship, you must submit ALL application materials*, including an advisor or faculty recommendation letter, by February 1, 2022.
Transfer Trustee Scholarship Information Sessions
To learn more about the Trustee Scholarship and application process, register for one of our upcoming virtual information sessions:
A Transfer Trustee Scholar must:
- Apply to Rider and apply to the scholarship by February 1st
- Be graduating from a community college in the Spring or Summer with at least 60 credits and plan to attend Rider University in the Fall semester as a full-time student
- Have a GPA of 3.5 or higher from all colleges attended
- Be an active member of Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society
Submit Your Application
Requirements for Applying
- Complete application to Rider University
- 750-word minimum Transfer Trustee Scholarship Essay
- Official Transcripts from all colleges attended
- Recommendation Letter from a Faculty Member or Phi Theta Kappa Chapter Advisor
- Resume of activities (listed on the admissions application, a separate resume is optional)
- 3-5 minute video (optional)
*Students applying for an audition-based program MUST audition by the January audition date
Fast forward. Imagine you are a Rider graduate, looking back on your college experience and career 10 years later - what have you achieved in those 10 years since graduating? How do these achievements align with the vision and mission of Rider University? What impact has the Engaged Learning program had on these achievements?
Share with us an activity you have participated in that has been the most important to you and how it has added value to your life. How has your experience with this activity shaped your plans for the future? How will you connect what you have learned from it to your education at Rider?
Once we have reviewed all application materials, we will select our Trustee Scholarship semi-finalists. Semi-finalists will be invited to Interview Day on Friday, March 25, 2022. You will be notified within two weeks of the interview date. If selected as a semi-finalist, participation in Interview Day is required.
Have you already applied to Rider?
You may be notified of your acceptance to Rider before we review your Transfer Trustee Scholarship application. Included in your acceptance packet will be a letter alerting you to any scholarships for which you qualify. If you are awarded the Transfer Trustee Scholarship, it will replace all other Rider-funded grants and scholarships awarded.