Incoming Students Next Steps
Next Steps for Incoming Students
Important Information About Financing Your Education
- Financial Agreement (PDF)– The University requires all students to complete a Student Financial Agreement through the myRider portal.
- Billing and Payment Methods (PDF) – Payments may be made securely through the myRider portal using an e-check or credit card, by mail, over the phone, or at the Cashier’s Office.
- Monthly Payment Plan (PDF) – Rider offers an interest free monthly payment plan. Enrollment begins on July 10.
- Student Health Insurance (PDF) – Full-time students are required to have health insurance coverage. If you have coverage otherwise, the waiver is available at www.universityhealthplans.com/rider.
- Accepting Terms and Conditions of Your Award – Terms and conditions must be accepted for financial aid to disburse. If you decline the terms and conditions, you will not be eligible to receive financial aid. Please follow the steps below to accept the terms and conditions of your award:
- Log into your myRider portal at myrider.rider.edu
- Click on the “Applicant” or “Student” tab
- Click on the “Accept My Financial Aid” link and select aid year “2019-2020” from the dropdown box
- Review and accept terms and conditions in the “Terms and Conditions” tab
- Accept OR decline the loans offered to you on the “Accept Award Offer” tab from the dropdown box(es)
- Review and complete unsatisfied requirements listed at the bottom of the “Accept Award Offer” tab
- Federal Direct Stafford Loan Check List (PDF) – First-time borrowers utilizing Stafford loans must complete Entrance Counseling and a Stafford Loan Master Promissory Note (MPN) online.
- Parent PLUS Loan Option – Parent PLUS loans are optional, credit-based federal loans parents of dependent students may use to help cover remaining unmet educational costs. If you are planning to use the Parent PLUS loan, please complete the 2019-2020 Federal Direct Parent PLUS Borrowing Check List (PDF) and PLUS Loan Worksheet (PDF).
- Private Loan Options (PDF) – Private loans are optional, credit-based loan programs available to help cover remaining unmet educational costs. There are several lenders who offer private educational loan programs and we have provided you an online student loan comparison tool via www.elmselect.com (enter Rider University in the search tool). These loans can be combined with other financing options to help meet remaining costs.
For additional questions, you may contact One Stop Services at 609-896-5360 or email us at [email protected]du.