As a student, you have the right to:
- Have complete information regarding fees, payment and refund policies available to you.
- Have all personal and family financial information treated with sensitivity and confidentiality.
- Know how financial aid is distributed and the basis for eligibility decisions.
- Know what portion of your financial aid package must be repaid and what portion does not require repayment.
- Choose any lender for your student loan(s), and expect that Rider will process the loan(s) with your requested lender.
- Request an explanation of the funds in your financial aid package and decline any portion of your award.
- Submit an appeal or request a re-evaluation if circumstances change.
When accepting any financial aid, you are expected to:
- Monitor your account using MyRider Student Portal (myrider.rider.edu) and meet your financial obligations to the University.
- Know and comply with the rules governing all financial aid you receive.
- Know that all financial aid resources are subject to change at any time, based on Federal, (i.e Pell, SEOG) State (i.e. Tuition Aid Grant) and Institutional requirement for student eligibility and reconciliation of budget funds. Rider gift aid resources are made possible, in part, by our many generous donors and may be renamed to reflect their contribution at any time.
- Read and understand all materials sent to you from the Office of Financial Aid.
- Accept responsibility for all agreements you sign. We recommend you keep copies for your reference.
- Respond promptly to any information requests from external organizations.
- Complete and submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) each year prior to the University’s 2024-2025 March 1 priority date.
- Advise the Office of Financial Aid if you change your housing status from the original application and/or change your enrollment status from full-time to less than full-time.
- Provide address changes. All changes are to be submitted in writing to the Dean of Students Office.
- Advise Rider’s Office of Financial Aid of any additional aid (Rider or outside source) received that is not indicated on your Financial Aid Award Notice within the current fiscal year.
- Inform the Dean of Students Office and the Office of Financial Aid if you expect to withdraw or take a leave of absence from the University.
- You may be selected for verification at any time based on information provided on your FAFSA. If requested, submit all verification documents.
- Give permission to relay pertinent financial, academic and other information to donors of aid as requested.
- Maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress for financial aid.
- Comply with federal IRS taxation and income reporting requirements for grants and scholarships in excess of tuition, books and fees.
- Eligibility for Campus Connection Grant is contingent upon living in campus housing.
View more information on your rights and responsibilities for payments, billing and deposits.