This slideshow is not enabled

International students are encouraged, but not required, to live on campus. Students who choose to live on campus should check The Residence Life webpage often for updated information about events, closings, etc.

Off Campus Housing for Lawrenceville Campus
Any student who decides to live off-campus (except exchange and visiting students, who are required to live on-campus), we suggest you start searching as soon as you can, to make sure you find a house or apartment that is in a safe neighborhood and fits your family needs. Off-campus housing is supported through Campus Activities and Commuter Services or contact [email protected] for more information.

What’s Provided in Residence Hall Rooms
For Personal Use:

  • A bed
  • A dresser
  • A desk
  • A closet or wardrobe

To share with roommate:

  • Hook– ups for TV
  • Hook-ups for Internet
  • Hook-ups for Phone & Voicemail services

To share with dorm mates:

  • Bathrooms on each floor
  • Laundry facilities (free)
  • Lounge Area with a Small Kitchen

Telephones and Calling Home
All residence halls have a phone line but you will need to buy a telephone to activate the line. Each room has its own number and voice mail; your family and friends overseas will be able to call you at this number.

We recommend you buy extra-long linens to fit our beds (80 inches or 203 centimeters long). You can buy linens in advance, before you arrive at Rider. Please go to to order your linens and have them waiting for you when you arrive. Use the Center for International Education address to send your box to campus:

Rider University
Center for International Education
BLC Suite 124
2083 Lawrenceville Rd.
Lawrenceville, NJ 08648-3099

If you buy a box and send it to the Center of International Education office, please email [email protected] to confirm your shipment.