Steps to Apply
Common Application - Freshman & Transfer
Available for Spring 2022 and Fall 2022 applicants.
Rider's Online Application - Transfer
Available for Spring 2022 and Fall 2022 applicants.
For Transfer students: International Transfer Student Release Form (PDF) - for students entering from a US high school or college
- The $50 application fee is non-refundable and may be paid online via credit card or by check.
- All checks must be drawn on a U.S. bank.
- Application fee waivers are not available for international applicants.
Submit transcripts, mark sheets, and/or exam results from all secondary and post-secondary schools attended:
- Transcripts must have the official school seal.
- Transcripts must be translated to English.
- A listing of courses taken and grades received must be included.
- Photocopies of student copies are not accepted.
Non-native English speakers are required to submit Proof of English proficiency in the form of one of the following:
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)
- Rider University’s TOEFL Code: 2758
- Minimum Score: PBT 540, iBT 70
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
- Minimum Score: 6.0
- PTE (Pearson Test of English academic)
- Minimum Score: 50
- International Test of English Proficiency (ITEP)
- Minimum Score: 3.7
- Trinity Integrated Skills in English II (ISE II)
- Minimum Score: II Distinction
- Minimum Score: 95
This requirement may be waived for students attending International schools. For more information, e-mail [email protected].
Students with scores below the university's minimum requirements will be considered for conditional admission through Rider's English Language Institute.
Submit one of the essay topics requested in the application.
This letter should come from a school counselor or an individual who can describe your academic potential and personal characteristics.
Students planning to hold an F-1 Student Visa must also submit:
- International Student Supplement, completed by the student, all sponsors, and banks as indicated.
- Supporting financial documentation (ie. bank statements on bank letterhead, letter of employment/salary, etc.). This information must document proof of available funds for one year of study at Rider. For details about this requirement, please view the International Student Supplement.
- Westminster College of the Arts requires an audition as part of the application process.
- Program specific information and dates of campus auditions, scholarship competitions and regional auditions can be found in the auditions section.
- Scores must be sent directly from the testing agency. Student score reports are not accepted.
- Rider does not require the optional essay/writing sections on the SAT or ACT.
- Superscoring: Rider will use only your best scores from each section; for the SAT & ACT, this may be components from different testing dates. Have you already been accepted through our "Test Optional" program? If so, we strongly recommend that you send us your test scores. Your scores may be used for course placement, but will not affect your admission or scholarship.
Transfer Students Only
- All international transfer students must submit: Official post-secondary school transcripts and/or attested marksheets from each post-secondary institution attended.
- Translations into English of all transcripts
- Photocopies are not accepted.
- If your previous institution was outside the United States, you will be required to have a course-by-course evaluation of your credits by any credential evaluation service that is a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES). View a list of members, such as Spantran or International Education Evaluators.
Rider practices rolling admissions. Once your application is complete, you will be notified of your decision. Applications completed after the stated deadlines will be considered on a space-available basis.
|Fall Semester - September Start||Deadline|
|Early Action, First-Year Students Only||November 15*|
|Scholarship Consideration, First-Year Students||January 15**|
|Scholarship Consideration, Transfer Students||May 1**|
|First-Year International Students||March 15|
|Transfer Students||May 1|
|Spring Semester - January Start||Deadline|
|All Undergraduate International Students||November 1|
|First-year and Transfer Students||December 1|
*Early Action first-year applicants to programs requiring auditions must apply by November 15 and audition by December 4.
**To be considered for the maximum amount of scholarships for which you are eligible, your application must be complete, including all required credentials. If you are applying to a major that requires an audition, auditions scheduled for an audition day after January 15 will not disqualify you from full scholarship consideration.
Scholarship eligibility is determined at the same time we review your complete application. Rider practices rolling admissions; once your application is complete, you will be notified of your decision.
Rider University welcomes students with a variety of academic backgrounds. When reviewing an application for admission, the Undergraduate Admission Office takes a holistic approach by assessing your academic performance, letters of recommendation, and your admission essay. Once the committee has reviewed the entirety of the student's academic experience, an admission decision will be made.
Admissions Mailing Address
Office of Undergraduate Admission
2083 Lawrenceville Road
Lawrenceville, NJ, USA 08648-3099
Call: +1 800-257-9026
Email: [email protected]