For over half a century the Theatre department at Rider University has had a rich tradition in educating students and preparing them for all aspects of a life in theater. Rider offers a B.A. in Theatre with the option of concentrating in Acting, Musical Theatre, Technical Theatre or Theatre Studies.
Exciting courses, inspirational and motivating faculty, abundant theater facilities, and a strong arts community all come together to give Theatre students at Rider a personalized and challenging education.
- Six productions each year give students a wide variety of experiences and opportunities both performing on stage and working behind the scenes.
- Course work includes the study of Hagen, Meisner, Adler, Alexander and Chekov techniques, as well as specialized study in voice, movement, script analysis, history, directing, Shakespeare and stagecraft.
- A professionally active faculty whose backgrounds include directing and design experience nationwide; acting on Broadway, with national tours and regional theater companies, on film and screen, as well as commercial and voice-over work.
- State of the art facilities include:
- The Yvonne Theater
- The Spitz Studio Theater
- Bart Luedeke Center Theater
Students have the choice of pursuing one of four concentrations:
(NOTE: If pursuing an Elementary Education degree, Theatre Studies is the only approved minor within the second major of Theatre):
- Acting Concentration — Offers students rich training in preparation for a career as a professional actor
- Musical Theatre Concentration — Trains students in voice, dance and acting, plus the flexibility to earn a second major or up to two minors
- Technical Theatre Concentration — Prepares students to pursue careers as stage managers and designers
- Theatre Studies Concentration — Enables students to use their degree to pursue careers such as directors, theatre scholars or dramaturgs
The 2017-2018 theatre season
The 2017-2018 theatre season includes productions of The Good Person of Setzuan, Disgraced and A Flea in Her Ear. Musical theatre productions include Bonnie and Clyde, The Theory of Relativity and Heathers as well as a fall and spring cabarets. View upcoming events.
Alpha Psi Omega- coed fine arts society - National Site
An honorary theatre fraternity that supports the main stage theatre seasons, hosts social events for students and brings in professional artists for master classes.
Advisor: Trent Blanton, [email protected]