July 3 - 16, 2022
Under the direction of choral conductor and clinician, Jason Vodicka, the two-week Vocal Institute at Westminster draws students from across the country and around the world.
- Focus on college-level singing and musicianship training
- Daily sessions in singing technique, ear training, improvisation, and more
- Voice training with Westminster artist faculty
- Opportunities for private lessons
- Elective courses in performance, conducting, composing, and voice science
Scheduled Daily Sessions
- Vocal Warm-Up
- Aural Theory
- Choral rehearsals and sectionals
- Elective classes
- Group voice class
- Evening activities
Elective Class Options
- Latin American Choral Music
- Choral Masterworks
- Performance and Audition Techniques
- Voice Science
- Jason Vodicka, Program Director
- Sean McCarther, Associate Professor of Voice
- Elizabeth Sutton, Priority Adjunct Assistant Professor of Voice
- Other faculty are to be determined for elective courses and voice lessons
$1,950 including the $150 deposit/processing fee.
High school students who complete any Rider University Pre-College Summer Program prior to applying for first-year admission to Rider University can qualify for an annually renewable $2,000 Pre-College Completion Award. Some restrictions may apply.
Enrollment is open to students entering 9th grade through those having just completed their senior year. There is no application deadline for this program, however it is advisable to register early to reserve your place in this popular institute. No audition is required.
Expectations for students:
Daily attendance, Monday to Friday, for two weeks. There will be an orientation on the Sunday before the program begins and a final concert on the final Saturday. Students must participate in both weeks.