Game Design Academy
July 24 - 29, 2022
Rider University’s Game Design Academy introduces high school students to the skills and tools used to develop digital games in a professional creative environment. Students will work with industry-standard software and learn the basics of digital design and game logic programming.
During the one-week session, students will work through the complete process of developing a playable game that can be shared with family and friends. Concepts in system design, digital art and interaction design will be learned through hands-on creation.
- Work hands-on in Rider University’s newly created Game Production Lab
- Explore production with the latest industry-standard software and hardware.
- Develop a better understanding of game analysis
- Gain experience with graphic design tools and basic interactive programming
- Learn about the relationships between interactive design systems in game production
- Explore Rider University’s B.A. in Game and Interactive Media Design and discuss career opportunities in the field
- Preview college living and prepare for undergraduate life. Stay in a college dorm and participate in campus activities. (Commuter option available.)
Faculty and Instruction
Wil Lindsay Program Director for Game and Interactive Media at Rider University
*includes room and board
$995 • For Enrichment Program
Rider University's pre-college enrichment programs are structured to introduce students to a full college campus experience. From rigorous coursework, access to state-of-the-art equipment and facilities to on-campus housing and activities, students will explore college life at Rider University. Enrichment programs are non-credit bearing, however regular attendance and completed assignments are expected. Students are evaluated by the same academic standards and procedures as Rider University undergraduates.
Registration opening soon