Special Education Programs
The Master of Arts in Special Education Program is designed to prepare certified teachers to teach students with special needs in a variety of settings.
This program provides opportunities for students to understand the nature and causes of disabilities, become familiar with agencies and resources for persons with disabilities, and learn best practices and materials for teaching students with disabilities. This knowledgebase, combined with a variety of shared experiences, provides opportunities for teachers to develop their expertise and become confident in their ability to work with students with special needs and become leaders in meeting the challenges of diverse classrooms.
Degree Programs are available for individuals who already hold a New Jersey Teacher of the Handicapped or Teacher of Students with Disabilities certification and for individuals who are currently prepared to teach in general education settings.
Students who currently hold a regular New Jersey instructional certificate in another field and successfully complete the program will be eligible for a New Jersey Teacher of Students with Disabilities Endorsement.
- Doctor of Education (Administration and Leadership), New York University
- Advanced Certificate (Educational Supervision and Administration) Brooklyn College
- Master of Science (Educational Psychology and Statistics/Special Education) Albany University
- Bachelor of Arts, Albany University
- Nasim Dil Service Award, Council for Exceptional Children – Teacher Education Division – National recognition for outstanding service 2010