Develop a strong foundation in the theory and scientific methodology behind psychology to build an understanding of yourself and the world around you. Designed for working professionals, as well as career changers, Rider’s online Bachelor of Arts in Psychology will help you gain the skills and credentials to advance, and prepare for a variety of related careers in business, education, social services and more.
This program is offered through Rider’s Continuing Education Program and is designed for adult learners aged 25 and over.
Continuing Education - How to Apply
Rider offers flexible pathways for adult learners aged 25 or over, including veterans and active duty military personnel, that allow you to earn your bachelor's degree or take courses for personal enrichment. Non-matriculated or visiting students should apply using the Continuing Education application.
Continuing Education Financial Aid Resources
Learn more about financial aid, tuition and the various options we offer to make your college education affordable.
University Partner Educational Benefits
Are you the employee of a Rider University partner organization? You may qualify for discounted tuition. Search our list of university partnerships.
Why choose Rider?
- Learn 100% online
- Choose from six convenient start dates in the fall, winter, spring or summer
- Transfer up to 90 credits from a combination of 2 year and 4 year institutions
- Earn college credit for what you know with our Prior Learning Assessment program
- Extensive advisement and academic support for working adults
- Affordable online courses with a variety of financing options
- Tailor courses to meet your professional goals
- Various learning formats, learn more about our on-ground program
Rider’s 100% online psychology program curriculum features strong foundational and psychology core courses. Students will strengthen their critical thinking and communication skills, learn how to conduct and analyze basic research, and develop both interpersonal and intrapersonal knowledge through academic experiences and co-curricular activities.
The curriculum is also designed to provide a seamless transition from an associate degree. Students can transfer up to 72 credits from a two-year institution (or 90 credits maximum). Students may also be eligible to earn college credit for knowledge acquired through prior learning.
Earning your online degree in psychology from Rider will equip you with the insights, knowledge and competitive edge to explore a host of rewarding careers in the field.
- Case management
- Human services management
- Mental/behavioral health counselor
- Social worker
- Social services manager
- Training/workforce development specialist
Associate Professor, Department Chair
Department of Psychology
Mike and Patti Hennessy Science and Technology Center
escorpio [at] rider.edu
Academic Focus: Psychology