Rider University believes that the vast majority of student complaints, grievances, or concerns can be handled in a fair and expeditious manner internally. Students residing both inside and outside the State of New Jersey should first try to resolve their complaint by contacting The Dr. Eugene Marsh Center for Veterans and Military Affairs at [email protected] or by calling (609)-896-5000 ext. 7382 or contact the Student Navigation Office (SNO) at [email protected] or call (609)-896-5000 ext. 5071.
Complaints related to Grades, Academic Policies, or Student Conduct follow the Policies section of the Academic Catalog or the Student Code of Conduct manual available on the Rider website.
If a complaint that does not relate to Grades, Academic Policies, or Student Conduct cannot be resolved, or if a student wishes to challenge the decision of their complaint, the student can appeal their complaint within two years of the incident occurring. Students who wish to escalate their complaint may follow one of the appropriate steps outlined below:
- Contacting Rider University’s Accreditor, The Middle States Commission on Higher Education, at 3624 Market Street, 2nd Floor West, Philadelphia, PA 19104, by calling (267)-284-5000.
- Contacting the New Jersey GI Bill State Approving Agency at State Approving Agency, P.O. Box 340, Trenton, NJ, 08625-0340, or by calling 609-530-6849.
- Using the GI Bill® School Feedback Tool: If you have an issue or complaint about a school or training facility that’s eligible to receive GI Bill benefits, DoD Military Tuition Assistance, and other military-related education benefit programs. you can submit feedback to VA through the Feedback Tool. You can submit feedback to us if your school isn’t following the Principles of Excellence guidelines or if you have any other concerns or issues you’d like to raise with us. You can choose to submit your feedback anonymously or on behalf of someone else. We share all information with the school, but if you submit feedback anonymously we won’t share your name with the school.
- Contacting the SARA portal agency in the home state of the institution against which the complaint has been lodged. That agency shall notify the SARA portal agency for the state in which the student is located, of receipt of that appealed complaint.
- Contacting their state’s designated department of education or consumer affairs. For students residing in the State of New Jersey, contact Office of Secretary of Higher Education, P.O. Box 542, Trenton, NJ 08625-0542. Students who reside outside of New Jersey may contact their state’s designated office from the list available here.