International students are encouraged, but not required, to live on campus. Students who choose to live on campus should check The Residence Life webpage often for updated information about events, closings, etc.
- Freshman and transfer students who haven’t paid their deposits yet must go to the MyRider portal to pay the housing deposit. You will be notified when you can fill out the housing application and select your roommate. If you have questions, please contact the Office of Residence Life at [email protected].
- Exchange and visiting students are required to live on campus and will have their housing confirmed automatically; no additional application will be required.
- Graduate students will have to access to an online housing application after they confirm their enrollment online. View additional information about enrollment confirmation.
Campus meal plans are provided, with several options both for the types of plans, including number of meals per week, and the on-campus eating options.
Full information about the Dining Services, which are required if living on campus, can be found on the Dining and Meal Plans page.
Any student who decides to live off-campus (except exchange and visiting students, who are required to live on-campus), we suggest you start searching as soon as you can, to make sure you find a house or apartment that is in a safe neighborhood and fits your family needs. Off-campus housing is supported through Campus Activities and Commuter Services or contact [email protected] for more information.
What’s Provided in Residence Hall Rooms
For Personal Use:
- A bed
- A dresser
- A desk
- A closet or wardrobe
To share with roommate:
- Hook-ups for TV
- Hook-ups for Internet
- Hook-ups for Phone & Voicemail services
To share with dorm mates:
- Bathrooms on each floor
- Laundry facilities (free)
- Lounge Area with a Small Kitchen
Telephones and Calling Home
All residence halls have a phone line but you will need to buy a telephone to activate the line. Each room has its own number and voice mail; your family and friends overseas will be able to call you at this number.
We recommend you buy extra-long linens to fit our beds (80 inches or 203 centimeters long). You can buy linens in advance, before you arrive at Rider. Please go to https://www.dormroom.com/rdr to order your linens and have them waiting for you when you arrive. Use the Office of International Education address to send your box to campus:
Office of International Education
BLC Suite 124
2083 Lawrenceville Rd.
Lawrenceville, NJ 08648-3099
If you buy a box and send it to the Office of International Education office, please email [email protected] to confirm your shipment.