Welcome to Rider University!
We are happy to welcome you to our community! Please read this information carefully as it will help you plan for your arrival at Rider.
View our COVID-19 FAQ page for international students and scholars.
Pre-Orientation Information Sessions (Virtual)
Register for a virtual pre-orientation information session to learn more about the orientation schedule, review important documents, get a packing list, plus learn about course registration, health insurance and other requirements.
International Student Orientation (Mandatory)
Each new term, prior to move-in days, the Office of International Education hosts an orientation for international students. Participants are welcomed to campus, assisted in practical tasks such as purchasing items for your residence hall and opening bank accounts. They are also introduced to other international students, as well as Rider staff members and administrators. Social events, outings, and other activities are also organized during orientation.
In order to attend the International Student Orientation, the earliest you may arrive on campus and move into your room is check-in day. See Important Dates above to know when you can check-in.
Important: If you intend to arrive at Rider earlier than the scheduled check-in day, you will need to seek alternate accommodations as you will not be able to move into your room on campus. Please refer to the hotel listings.
All international students are required to attend the International Student Orientation.
If you think you will not be able to attend it due to problems booking a flight or other personal reasons, please contact the Office of International Education at [email protected] to let us know.
Spring 2023 Orientation Schedule
WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 18
- 9 a.m. and 2 p.m. - Airport Pick Up (Newark Liberty International Airport)
- 9 a.m. - 9:00 p.m. - New Student check-in BLC.
- 4:30 - 5:30 p.m. - DINNER: Daly Dining Hall
THURSDAY, JANUARY 19
- 8:30 a.m. - Breakfast at Daly Dining Hall
- 9:30 a.m. - IDs, mandatory paperwork, and PNC Bank (Bank account application): Commuter Lounge
- 11 a.m. - Campus Tour
- 12 p.m. - WELCOME LUNCH: NJM Room, BLC
- 1:30 p.m. - Maintaining Status: SWG 115 *Mandatory session*
- 2:30 p.m. - OIT review: SWG 115
- 3:00 p.m. - Community Standards: SWG 115
- 3:30 p.m. - Health Services Overview: SWG 115
- 4:00 p.m. - Safety & Security overview: SWG 115
- 4:30 p.m. - Break
- 5:00 p.m. - DINNER: Daly Dining Hall
- 6:30 p.m. - Shuttles to Target: shopping for dorm room essentials - Pick up in front of BLC
- 8:30 p.m. - Shuttles return from Target
FRIDAY, JANUARY 20
- 8:15 a.m. - Breakfast at Daly Dining Hall
- 10:00 a.m. - Trip to New York City: World Trade Center and Times Square *note: Lunch is on own at Times Square
- 4:30 p.m. - Hard Rock Cafe for Dinner
SATURDAY, JANUARY 21 and SUNDAY, JANUARY 22
MONDAY, JANUARY 23
- First day of class
BLC – The Bart Luedeke Center (Student Center)
MCC – Multi Cultural Conference Room
SRC – Student Recreation Center
SWG - Sweigart Hall (Norm Brodsky College of Business)