Welcome to Rider University!
We are happy to welcome you to our community! Please read this information carefully as it will help you plan for your arrival at Rider.
View our COVID-19 FAQ page for international students and scholars.
Spring 2022 Semester
- Wednesday, January 19
Airport Pick Up
- Thursday, January 20 - Saturday, January 22
- Monday, January 24
First Day of Classes
International Student Orientation
Each new term, prior to move-in days, the Office of International Education hosts an orientation for international students. Participants are welcomed to campus, assisted in practical tasks such as purchasing items for your residence hall and opening bank accounts. They are also introduced to other international students, as well as Rider staff members and administrators. Social events, outings, and other activities are also organized during orientation.
In order to attend the International Student Orientation, the earliest you may arrive on campus and move into your room is check-in day. See Important Dates above to know when you can check-in. Important: If you intend to arrive at Rider earlier than the scheduled check-in day, you will need to seek alternate accommodations as you will not be able to move into your room on campus. Please refer to the hotel listings.
All international students are required to attend the International Student Orientation.
If you think you will not be able to attend it due to problems booking a flight or other personal reasons, please contact the Office of International Education at [email protected] to let us know.
Spring Orientation 2022 Schedule
WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 19TH
- 12 p.m. & 7 p.m. - Airport Pick Up (Newark Liberty International Airport & Philadelphia International Airport).
- 9 a.m. - 9:00 p.m. - New Student check-in BLC, MCC.
- 4:30 - 5:30 p.m. - DINNER: Daly’s Dining Hall
THURSDAY, JANUARY 20TH
- 8:30 a.m. - BREAKFAST: Daly’s Dining Hall
- 9:30 a.m. - ID’s and mandatory paperwork: BLC, NJM Community Room.
- 11 a.m. - Campus Tour
- 12 p.m. - LUNCH: Daly’s Dining Hall
- 1 p.m. - Maintaining Status: SWG 115
- 2:30 p.m. - Academic Success Center: SWG 115
- 3 p.m. - Health Services Overview: SWG 115
- 4 p.m. - Community Standards: SWG 115
- 5 p.m. - DINNER: Daly’s Dining Hall
- 6:00 p.m. - Shuttles to Target: Take this time to buy your dorm room essentials
- 8:30 p.m. - Shuttles return from Target
FRIDAY, JANUARY 21ST
- 9 a.m. - BREAKFAST: Daly’s Dining Hall
- 10:30 a.m. - Overview of OIT: SWG 115
- 11 a.m. - Campus life: SWG 115
- 11:30 a.m. - Safety & Security overview: SWG 115
- 12:00 p.m. - WELCOME LUNCH: BLC, NJM Community Room.
- 1:30 - Peer Mentor - Meet and Greet: SWG 115 *Note: visit the bookstore and/or meet with your advisor.
- 5 p.m. - Dinner Daly’s Dining Hall
SATURDAY, JANUARY 22ND
- 8:15 a.m. - BREAKFAST: Daly’s Dining Hall
- 10:00 a.m. - Day Trip
SUNDAY, JANUARY 23RD
- All Day: Campus activities for all students.
MONDAY, JANUARY 24TH
- All Day: First day of class - Spring semester opening.
BLC – The Bart Luedeke Center (Student Center)
MCC – Multi Cultural Confer. Rm.
SRC – Student Recreation Center
SWG - Sweigart Hall (Norm Brodsky College of Business)