Locating Immunization Records

Student Life / Health & Wellness / Student Health Services / Locating Immunization Records
This slideshow is not enabled

Locating Immunizations

As a new incoming student to Rider University, Student Health Services requires that you comply with certain state mandates as a condition of enrollment.  Because of the resurgence of certain preventable diseases, New Jersey State law (NJAC 8:57-6) requires all students age 30 or younger who are in a degree-granting program provide verification of immunity to three childhood illnesses: the measles, mumps, and rubella viruses.  In addition, students age 30 or younger taking 12 or more credits must also provide verification of immunity to Hepatitis B.

There are several ways to fulfill this state requirement.
You may provide the Student Health Center with:

  1. an official copy of your immunization record from your private physician or a health clinic where your received your childhood vaccinations   
  2. a copy of your high school or previous college’s immunization record. Make sure to keep your own copy for future use                                    
  3. a copy of blood titer levels which can be drawn by your private physician to see if you have immunity to these three childhood illnesses and Hepatitis B (if applicable).
  4. You may receive the vaccines from either your physician or from Student Health Services.  If you receive the vaccines from your physician, you will be required to have a copy of the official documentations sent or faxed to:
    Rider University Student Health Services
    2083 Lawrenceville Road
    New Jersey 08648
    faxed to 609.895.5682.
    • The Student Health Center on the Lawrenceville campus is located on the first floor of the Poyda C residence hall, open Monday through Friday, 8:30am to 4:30pm.
    • The Health Office on the Princeton campus is located on the first floor of Taylor Hall.  Please call 609-921-7100 x8222.
    • If the Student Health Center does not receive these requirements, you will be unable to register for the following semester.