Campus Event Planning
Successful events are well planned with thorough attention given to every detail. Preparation is the key to your event success!
Rider's many experienced and knowledgeable event resources can assist with all stages of your event planning from room reservation and promotion to set up and catering. The Campus Event Planning page is designed as a guide to provide the information, campus contacts, and forms you need to plan.
- Planning a Successful Campus Event – Auxiliary Services presentation on planning successful events on the Lawrenceville campus
- Lawrenceville Campus Event Planning Checklist – Helpful guide for event planning
- President's Event Participation Form – To be completed if you will be requesting President Dell'Omo to attend or participate in your event
- Provost’s Event Participation Form – To be completed if you will be requesting Dr. Fredeen to attend or participate in your event.
- Campus Posting Policy – Outline of the guidelines governing the posting policy at Rider University
- Outdoor Signage Policy – A map with guidlines governing the use of outdoor signs at Rider University
- Alcohol Compliance Form – A required form for internal and external groups wishing to have alcohol at their events
- Event Resources Sharing List – A list of event items and resources available to borrow
Campus Event Planning FAQs for Students, Faculty and Staff
Who do I contact to reserve space?
Faculty, Staff, Student Club/Organizations - You must submit your space request via 25Live at https://25live.collegenet.com/rider.
How far in advance do I need to reserve space?
In order to submit your request via 25Live, you are required to reserve the space 48-hours in advance. Space is available on a first come, first serve basis. We recommend at least one-week notice for a meeting, and at least two-week notice for an event that requires set up.
Faculty/Staff Scheduling Timeline (Lawrenceville Campus):
June 15th - Spring non-classroom locations; Fall classroom locations
December 15th - Summer non-classroom locations; Spring classroom locations
March 20th - Fall non-classroom locations; Summer classroom locations
Student Club/Organization Scheduling Timeline (Lawrenceville Campus):
June 15th - Fall semester locations
October 15th - Spring semester non-classroom locations
December 15th - Spring semester classroom locations
How do I get my event to appear on the online calendar?
Contact University Communications at ext. 5192.
Who do I contact for help with the setup of my event?
You may contact the Manager of Events and Conferences at [email protected].
Who do I contact for food service and catering?
You can contact Aramark Catering at 609-896-5274.
Who do I contact for audio visual needs?
You can contact Rider OIT Media Services at 609-896-5000, ext. 3000, option 4 or complete a ticket on-line under the Technology Help Desk
When do I need to do a facilities work order?
Complete a facilities work order for any maintenance related requests (HVAC, electrical needs, water hook-ups, etc.)
When do I submit a room diagram form?
You may submit a room diagram form to the the Manager of Events and Conferences at [email protected] for any space that is reserved on campus. It must be filled out completely and returned to Auxiliary Services at least one week prior to your event. All equipment is subject to availability. If we do not a set up for your event, the room will be provided to you as-is.
What do I do if I need to cancel or change the date/time of my event?
You may send your desired edit(s) to the Scheduling Coordinator at [email protected].