Why Use a Trainer?
- Studies show individuals who work with a trainer or who are involved in group fitness classes adhere to a workout regime longer than those going it alone.
- Certified personal trainers customize workouts based on client need, level of fitness and lifestyle.
- If you're a beginner, personal training offers a safe and effective way to workout.
- If you're a veteran, personal training can add diversity and reduce the risk of monotony and plateauing.
- Indivdiuals working with a certified personal trainer are more likely to exceed self limitations and increase fitness levels.
Personal Trainer: Mario Ramos
Meet our personal trainer, Mario Ramos! Mario is a senior chemistry major at Rider University who just recently finished his 4-year student-athlete career with the Broncs track and field team. While running track at Rider University, Mario gained an interest in human physiology and function and the body’s ability to develop strength and adapt to different stresses. His interest turned into a passion so strong he obtained his Personal Trainer certification through the National Academy of Sports Medicine.
Becoming a personal trainer has been a goal of Mario’s as early as his years at Rancocas Valley Regional High School. While in high school, he worked with a personal trainer to improve his ability to run track as a sprinter in the 200 and 400 events. His experience with a personal trainer had a major impact on his life and athletic career so much that Mario is now looking forward to impacting the lives of others. Mario’s extensive track career, personal training experience at LA Fitness, and large fitness professional network gives him the ability to develop individualized workouts for all populations. His passion is to help and motivate others the way he was helped when he was younger, keep them on track with their fitness goals and help his clients realize their full potential.
Personal Training Packages
|1 session (60 minutes)||$60|
|4 sessions (60 minutes each)||$220|
|8 sessions (60 minutes each)||$400|
|12 sessions (60 minutes each)||$540|
Steps To Sign Up For Personal Training
- Complete forms A - D (These forms are located below)
- If you answered "yes" to any questions on Form B, go to step #3. If you answered "no" to all questions on Form B, go to step #4.
- Contact your physician and have him/her send you a "Release Waiver" to begin an exercise program. This release waiver should list any exercise restricions that you may have.
- Return all paperwork to the front office at the Student Recreation Center. SRC hours are Monday-Friday 6am to 11pm and Saturday-Sunday 9am-11pm. Payment for the services that you would like to purchase should be made at this time.
- You will be contacted by your trainer once the payment and paperwork has been processed. The process will only take 1 to 2 weekdays. For more information contact Brett Scharite, Fitness Director, at (609) 896-7716 or [email protected].
Payment: We accept cash, personal check (made out to Rider University), Master Card, Discover, AMEX and Visa