Rider University Schimek Family Fitness Center Dress Code and Facility Rules
In an effort to create a welcoming and inclusive environment for all members, as well as reduce the risk of bacterial disease transmission, and prolong the life of exercise equipment, the Rider University Schimek Family Fitness Center dress code is strictly enforced.
Proper workout clothing and shoes are required in the Fitness Center and courts at all times. Skin infections are the most common disease outbreak in recreation centers. Germs can be transmitted from person to person when left on equipment and machines from sweat. Cleaning equipment after use, good personal hygiene and wearing proper workout clothing that covers the body is essential to preventing the spread of germs and diseases.
What To Wear
- Appropriate footwear, closed toe, closed heel, non-marking athletic wear shoes
- Unaltered shirts which cover the entire stomach, chest, ribcage, and back
- Pants or shorts that cover buttocks and groin area
What Not To Wear
- No open-toed shoes, boots, or bare feet
- Ripped or cut-off shirts
- Jeans, cargo shorts, pants with belts, zippers, or metal rivets and buttons
- Clothing with profanity or offensive language may not worn in SRC facilities or programs
Workout clothing is not required for walking on the track. Sneakers must be worn.
Bare feet or socks are permitted in some group exercise classes and sport club practices (i.e. yoga and martial arts classes).
SRC Staff will ask members to change or leave the facility if dress code is not followed.