Attention Small Business Owners!!!
- Uncertain of your future?
- Experiencing obstacles?
- Have viable potential?
If you answer "yes" to any of these questions, you should consider utilizing Rider University!
The purpose of the SBI program is to provide high quality business consulting to small businesses/organizations while providing an extraordinary learning experience for college and university students through the field case consulting model.
High quality business consulting -- the object of the SBI program -- is comprised of direct contact between the student team and the client, detailed analysis of the client’s business, thorough research, and a useful case/project report. Each report -- the ultimate product of the program -- is tailored to the individual client’s business/organizations. In evaluation the merit of each case/project report, SBI Directors and Case Supervisors will be guided by the client’s actual needs. It is understood that a sound analysis may not always yield a positive outlook to the client; however, the goal of this program is to improve the economic health of the client whenever possible.
The SBI program was designed to accomplish several objectives, including:
- to provide a small firm/organization with needed help for development & growth
- to provide concentrated consulting assistance that would otherwise be out of the realm of most owners/managers
- to provide a beneficial learning experience for the student by having the opportunity to apply experiential knowledge and concepts/theories learned in the class room to real-life business situations
- for students to develop an appreciation of both problems and opportunities found in small businesses
- Must be a small business/non-profit organization.
- Must furnish requested information, including financial data, about their firm.
- Must be willing and able to meet with students during semester.
- Must come to Rider for a final presentation and photo shoot with students.
- Must share his/her knowledge of current problem areas in the firm. Considerable research time may be saved or devoted toward other possible problem areas.
- Must be able to work within an academic semester.
What type of assistance is available?
- Financial Analysis
- Financial Ratios
- Financial Projections Pro-forma
- Marketing Strategy Analysis
- Marketing Research Analysis
- Price Analysis
- Promotion Analysis
- Organizational Structures
- Review of Work Flows
- Job Descriptions
- Production/Operation Analysis
- BUSINESS PLANNING
- Develop Business Plan
- Modify/Update Existing Plan
- Feasibility Study
- Loan Analysis
What is the length of the projects?
Projects must be geared to a semester time frame. Initial contact through the final report will generally not be longer than 3 months and projects must be realistic.
What is the commitment of the firm?
Students will be working as independent consultants and will not be at the firm on a regular basis (this is not an internship program). However, students will need to be in touch with the firm and given the semester time horizon, the firm must be prompt in its communication.
Are there any cost factors?
Firms will be charged a fee for participation in the program. Firms/Organizations will also be asked to make a donation to the Rider SBI Program when the project is completed. Any research expenses incurred by the team should be reimbursed.