GRE OR MAT Waiver Guidelines
Applicants who meet one of the following criteria established by the Rider University College of Education and Human Services would qualify for a waiver for the standardized test requirement (GRE OR MAT):
- Has graduated from an accredited undergraduate college or university AND has one of the following:
- a minimum cumulative undergraduate GPA of 3.5;
- 5 or more years of relevant professional experience.
- NOTE: Graduate Admissions will evaluate an applicant's professional experience.
- Has earned a master's degree or higher with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher from a program that is accredited in its discipline (e.g., NCATE or Caep for education, ABET for engineering.)
- Has earned a Ph.D. from an accredited university in the United States.
Students who are in their final year of an undergraduate program and meet the GPA requirement at the time of application may be eligible to have the GRE waived, provided they maintain their GPA through graduation.
In some cases the GRE or MAT (Miller Analogies Test) may be waived or deferred. Find out if you qualify for one of these options before you apply. Complete the form above and submit a copy of your resume and transcripts. We'll contact you within 48 business hours to discuss your options.