Appointments and Referrals

Student Life / Health & Wellness / Counseling Services / Appointments and Referrals
This slideshow is not enabled


To make an appointment to be seen at the Counseling Center please call during our office hours or walk over!

Counseling Services is open for appointments from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday, while school is in session.

Students can make appointments either by calling or walking into the Counseling Services on either campus.

  • Counseling Services on the Lawrenceville campus is located in Zoerner House on Lawrenceville Road between Rider University's two entrances (near Public Safety) and the phone number is (609) 896-5157.
  • Counseling Services on the Westminster campus is located on the 3rd floor of Williamson Hall and the phone number is (609) 921-7100 x8275.

When a student calls, he/she will be asked for background information such as name, age, phone number, whether a resident or commuter student, year, times available and the reason for scheduling.  This information is helpful in assigning a counselor to the student.


Referring others to University Counseling Services is an important and sometimes difficult task. A good referral is one where the student feels understood, realizes that there is a competent source of help available, and is motivated to seek out that help.

Every year, many students, faculty, and staff call or come to Counseling Services expressing concern about a fellow student, friend, or roommate. We have some recommendations for how to approach the student you are concerned about.

  • Approach in a gentle, caring and non-judgmental way and specifically state why you are concerned.
  • Suggest that he/she seek out professional assistance at Counseling Services.

Most of the time the student will feel relieved that there is help available and will agree to make an appointment. If you want to offer extra support, you can have the student call Counseling Services on the Lawrenceville campus (609-896-5157) or Westminster campus (609-921-7100 x8275) from your office or room, and/or offer to accompany the student to the counseling office.

If the person you are concerned about refuses to get help immediately (and it is not an emergency situation), try to be friendly and remain open to the possibility that he/she may want your help in the future.  Feel free to consult with one of our staff about any student.

Would a therapist in the Community be a good choice?

Sometimes students prefer to find treatment in the community instead of receiving help Counseling Services. We also refer students for treatment in the community when it is determined to be most beneficial. Several different factors can affect this decision. Our services are also provided by counselors-in-training who are supervised by licensed Counselors and Psychologists. We also do not offer psychiatric services. In most cases, we cannot offer long-term weekly therapy for chronic psychological difficulties. If you need long-term weekly treatment that provides a high level of predictability and consistency in appointments, then a therapist in the community may be a better choice. In order to maximize availability of our services to all students, we typically follow a shorter-term model of treatment and are able to be somewhat flexible with this limit. There are also a good number of students who would prefer to engage in treatment off campus because they desire the increased sense of privacy and flexibility that this offers. If you are considering a community referral and/or need psychiatric care, see the Community Referrals listed below. While our office does not specifically recommend any particular therapist or psychiatrist, we are happy to meet with your student to assist with the decision-making process.

For more information about students in distress, please refer to our other links specifically for faculty/staff, students, and parents!

Referrals Database

Provider Location Phone # Office Hours Typical Cost/Session Insurances Accepted Sliding Scale Fee Group Therapy Couples Therapy Family Therapy Specialties Website
Amy Bibb-Ford, LCSW 20 Nassau Street Suite 111 Princeton NJ 08540 (484) 361-4899 Tuesdays and Thursdays 8:00 am until 9:00 pm $125.00 - $200.00 Beacon Health Options, Horizon BlueCross Blue Shield, TRICARE, Princeton University Student Insurance (Aetna), Others Pending, Out of Network Yes   Yes Yes Anxiety, Depression, ADHD and Learning Differences
Amy Herzog-Woods, Psy.D. 50 Princeton Hightstown Rd
Princeton Junction, NJ 08550
(917) 566-7687 mon-fri 8am-9pm $180 No Yes No Yes Yes Eating disorders Psychology
Anita McLean, Psy.D. 20 Nassau Street
Suite 221
Princeton, NJ 08542
(732) 319-9104 Monday-Friday
9am - 9pm
$175- $195 No Yes
Process Group,
Yes No   Website
Anna Breytman, Ph.D. 92 Nassau St.
Princeton, NJ 08542
(201) 694-2129 Thursday, Fridays
11am - 7pm
$225 No Yes No Yes Yes   Website
Brittany Jean-Louis 707 Alexander Road
Suite 208
Princeton, NJ 08540
(732) 372-4818 Wednesday-Saturday
$125 Out of Network Yes Yes Yes Yes    
Carol Goodheart, Ed.D. 114 Commons Way
Princeton, NJ 08540
(609) 987-8844 Mon-Thurs $175 Yes
No No Yes Yes   Psychology
Carol Tracy, Ph.D. 8 Pine Knoll Drive
Lawrenceville, NJ 08648
(609) 883-2300 Mon, Tues, Thurs $150 Out of Network Yes No Yes Yes    
Center for Welness 312 Applegarth Road Suite 200 Monroe Township, NJ 08831 732-655-4239 9am-6:30pm   In network with all Horizon BCBS (federal, empire, and anthem), Cigna, Oxfor Health, United Health Care.   Yes (as part of PHP/IOP program)   Yes (as part of PHP/IOP program) Rational Emotive Behavioral Therapy, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Motivational Interviewing
Cliff Lazarus, Ph.D.
Donna Lazarus, LCSW
The Lazarus Institute
98 Tamarack Cir,
Skillman, NJ 08558
(609) 683-9122 Tues-fri 11am-6pm; crisis on Sat afternoon $225 for 60-75 min consultation, flexible Out of Network Yes No Yes Yes CBT expert; Specialties OCD, panic, phobias Lazarus
Dennis McGinnis, LCSW 317 Masterson Court
Ewing, NJ 08618
(609) 385-0113 Tues & Thurs evenings 5-8pm $75 for students Out of Network Yes No No No Trauma/loss  
Diane Adler, LCSW 20 Nassau Street
Suite 313
Princeton, NJ 08542
(609) 924-9161 Mon - Wed, Thurs
$180 Aetna Student Health Yes
No Yes No   Psychology Today
Dorothy Borresen, Ph.D., APN* 2999 Princeton Pike, Suite 5
Lawrenceville, NJ 08648
(609) 406-1754                  
Elizabeth (Beth) B. Fier, LPC 1 Vanderveer Drive
Lawrenceville, NJ 08648
168 Franklin Corner Rd.,
Ste. B210
Lawrenceville, NJ 08648
(609) 647-0714 By Appointment $150 - $165 No $75 Compassionate
Mind Training for shame and self-critical difficulties
Yes No    
Gregory Moore, Psy.D.* 231 Clarksville Road,
Suite 7A
West Windsor, NJ 08550
(609) 275-8808
(609) 610-1535
Monday-Saturday $140-$180 Out of Network
Plans Only
Hue-Sun Ahn, Ph.D. 145 Witherspoon Street
Suite A-7
Princeton, NJ 08540
(267) 255-6829 Thurs 6pm-9pm Fridays 230pm-9pm $150 Out of Network Yes
No Yes Yes Eating disorders, multicultural issues Website
Irene M. Erckert, Ph.D. 133 Franklin Corner Road
2nd Floor
Lawrenceville, NJ 08648

444 S State Street
Suite A
Newtown, PA 18940
(609) 406-1754 Wed, Thurs - Lawrenceville
Mon, Tues, Sat - Newtown (midday-evening)
$150 Out of Network; Aetna for Eds $60 No Yes Yes Eating disorders, grief/loss Psychology
Jeffery A. Fine Associates, P.C. The Atrium, Suite 7
4 Terry Drive
Newtown, PA 18940
(215) 860-1144 M-F w/ evening availability $170 No No   Yes Yes College age Website
Jennifer Mele, LCSW 1 Vanderveer Drive
Lawrenceville, NJ 08648
(609) 389-9313 Monday-Thursday
9am - 8pm
$150 Out of Network
Plans Only
Yes Women's
Yes Yes   Website
Joel Ingersoll, Ph.D., LLC 617 Oradell Avenue,
Suite #2
Oradell, NJ 07649

501 Lenox Ave
Bldg. A, 2nd Floor
Westfield, NJ 07030
(908) 447-7752 Mon-Thurs
10am - 9pm
$200 None None   Yes No Addictions, sports psych Website
Jonathan L. Rappaport, Ph.D. 860 Lower Ferry Road
Professional Suite #2
Ewing, NJ 08628
(609) 671-1118 Monday-Friday
12pm - 1pm

4:30pm - 7:30 pm
$250 Aetna, Blue cross blue shield, medicare Yes No Yes   Anxiety and depression  
Judith D. Ferlise, LPC 183 Franklin Corner Road 2nd Floor
Lawrenceville, New Jersey 08648
(609) 584-7719 By Appointment $120-150 Out of Network
Plans Only
No Yes Yes   Website
Katie Scozzari, LCSW* 1912 Princeton Avenue, Lawrenceville, NJ 08648 (609) 631-5351 Daytime and evening, Monday-Friday $130 Out of Network Yes Soon Yes Yes    
Kelly Stankiewicz, Ph.D.* Center for Counseling and Personal Growth, LLC
21 East High Street
Somerville, NJ 08876
(908) 307-1842   $140 - $200 Out of Network           Psychology
Kristin A. Jaski, LCSW* 20 Nassau Street
Suite 311
Princeton, NJ 08540
(917) 405-9640 Tues & Fridays $100-$160 No Yes
No No No   Psychology
Kristin Pitman, LPC* 31 S. Fullerton Avenue
Montclair, NJ
(973) 783-3030 Check for Availablity $100 Cigna, United,
Others Pending
Yes No Yes Yes    
Laura Cornelsen, LCSW* 301 Oxford Valley Road
Suite 402B
Yardley, PA 19067
(215) 720-6277 Tues, Wed, Thurs
Daytime &
$110 Yes Yes
No Yes No   Psychology
Laurie Posner, LPC* 20 Nassau Street
Princeton, NJ 08540
(609) 921-1769 Daily $140 No No No Yes Yes   Website
Lester Fehmi, Ph.D. The Princeton Biofeedback Centre, LLC
317 Mt. Lucas Road
Princeton, NJ 08540
(609) 924-0782 Tues, Wed, Thurs, Sat, Sun
9am - 6pm
$125-195 Aetna Health $125 No Yes Yes Bio feedback/stress reduction/chronic pain Website
Lew Gantwerk, Psy.D.* 196 Mather Avenue
Princeton, NJ 08540
(609) 452-8130                  
Lisa Canzano, MSW, LCSW 20 Nassau Street, Suite 243 Princeton, NJ 08542 609-577-7641 Flexible times as needed $150 out of network provider Yes     Yes short-term solution focused, neurobiological understandings  
Maggie Clune, LCSW 20 Nassau Street
Princeton, NJ 08540
(609) 921-2277 Mon, Wed, Thurs
Daytime &
$140 Yes Yes
Yes Yes   Psychology
Maggie Furniss 20 Nassau Street, #226, Princeton, NJ (609) 608-0558 Wednesdays 5-9pm; Thursdays 10am-3:30pm; Friday 9am-2:30pm; Monday & Tuesdays during the day $150 None $110 for college students with valid ID No No No    
Michal Nina Saraf, Psy.D.* 601 Ewing Street
Princeton, NJ 08540
(609) 577-7028 Monday-Friday
Limited Weekend
$175 Blue Cross,
Yes No Yes Yes    
Mike Gross, PsyD 27 Clyde Road
Somerset, NJ 08873
(908) 386-4488 Tuesday 6pm – 9pm
Thursday 1pm – 9pm
Saturday 8am – 6pm
Sunday by appointment
$125-150 Out of Network Yes Yes Yes Yes
Molly Weigel, MSW* 9 Gordon Ave, Lawrenceville, NJ 609-333-6946 Flexible $120 Horizon BCBS Yes No No No    
Nancy Gardner, LCSW, CADC* 83 Princeton Avenue
Hopewell, NJ 08525
(609) 466-5757   $130 - $150 Yes
Nancy Hodges, LCSW 716 Executive Drive
Princeton, NJ 08540
(609) 683-5343 Mon-Sat
Day and Evenings
$160 No For students Sometimes Yes Yes   Psychology
Nancy Logue, Ph.D.* 90 West Afton Avenue
Yardley, PA 19067
(215) 321-5695 Monday-Friday
7:30am - 9pm
$150 Out of Network
Reduced Fee Mindfulness
for Eating
  Yes   Website
Nathalie Edmond 1330 Parkway Ave, Suite 12 Ewing, NJ 08628 609-477-4573 Tu, Th, Fri $180 initial and $135 individual Horizon BCBS, Medicare yes - $100 Women's therapy group Yes Yes mind-body, trauma, people of color
Nicole Cirigliano, LCSW* 20 Nassau Street
Suite 311
Princeton, NJ 08540
(732) 309-4199 By Appointment $160 No Yes
Eating Disorders Yes Yes   Psychology
Princeton Group Support Center 88 Orchard Rd, Skillman, NJ 08558 (908) 431-5254 Mon - Thurs 8am - 9:30pm, Fri 8am - 6pm, Sat 8am - 2pm $200 initial, $175/session afterwards Aetna, AmeriHealth NJ, BCBS (Managed Care plans only) & Magellan Yes Yes Yes Yes    
Rachael Parkins McLaughlin, MA NCC* 17 Barclay Street
Newtown, PA 18940
(215) 704-9450               Eating disorders  
Rachel Millner, Psy.D.* 301 Oxford Valley Road
Suite 402B
Yardley, PA 19067
3100 Princeton Pike
Building 3
Lawrenceville, NJ 08648
(215) 321-1920
(215) 932-9885
Fridays (Daytime)
Depends on
No Yes Yes   Website
Gregory Moore, Psy.D.* 231 Clarksville Road, Suite 7A, Princeton Junction, NJ 08556 609-610-1535 Day and evening hours Some Sat. mornings $150-$190 Out of Network   No Yes Yes (trained in family systems) Anger and anxiety management, post college planning, using EFT and havening
Raymond Teranova, Ph.D.* New Land Therapy
6 East Main Street
Clinton, NJ 08809
(908) 894-3191   $150             Website
Rikki Bobchin, LCSW* DBT Center of NJ
168 Franklin Corner Road
Suite B210
Building #2
Lawrenceville, NJ 08648
(609) 538-9300 Daytime $150-165 No Yes DBT Yes Yes DBT Website
Robert (Bob) Lewis, Psy.D.* 320 W. State Street
Trenton, NJ 08618
(609) 695-6370                  
Roberta (Robbie) Tessler, LCSW 231 Clarksville Road
West Windsor, NJ 08550
(609) 439-1812 Flexible; Wed - Sat
9am - 7-8pm
$140 OON benefits Yes No Yes Yes Eating disorders; WCC students (music interest) Website
Roberto Schiraldi, Ed.D., LPC* 20 Nassau St.,
Princeton, NJ 08540
107 Delamere Dr. #7
Princeton, New Jersey 08540
(609) 419-8900 9am-6:30pm 180 initial, $160 thereafter No Yes
  Yes Yes Drug/Alcohol; multicultural Website
Rosemarie Scolaro-Moser, Ph.D.* 281 Witherspoon Street
Suite 230
Princeton, NJ 08540
(609) 895-1070   $180-350             Website
Sarah Geser, LCSW* 601 Ewing Street
Princeton, NJ 08540
(732) 491-7154 Evenings by appointment $140 Out of Network Yes No Yes Yes   Website
Susan Kassler-Taub, MSW*
800 Bunn Dr,
Suite 205
Princeton, NJ 08540
(609) 921-1994 Daytime & Evenings - No No No Yes Yes Play Therapy  
Tina Gonzales, PsyD 928 Jaymor Road
Suite B-150
Southampton, PA
(267) 702-6537 Hours vary $125 None Yes Yes Yes Yes    
Widian Nicola, LCSW* 24 Rosa Avenue, Lawrenceville, NJ 08648 (360) 904-9363 Wednesdays 9am-5pm Fridays 9am-2pm $150 None Yes No Yes Yes    
Provider Location Phone # Insurances Accepted Typical hours Specialties
Kristen Sugarman B.S. 145 Witherspoon St., Suite A5
Princeton, NJ 08540
(908) 616-1708      
Jill Shaffer, R.D., CEDRD 133 Franklin Corner Rd, 2nd Floor
Lawrenceville, NJ 08648
(609) 512-1071 Patients typically get reimbursed with diagnostic code Mon-Th 10-7 Eating disorders
Psychoeducational Assessment
Provider Location Phone # Average Cost of Assessment Battery
Bonita Blazer, PhD 302 North Washington Street
Moorestown, NJ 08057
(856) 234-1270 $675
Growing Tree Psychological Services* 1600 New Road
Suite 2A
Northfield, NJ 08225
(609) 631-3399 call for price
Growth Opportunity Center 928 Jaymor Rd
Building B-150
Southampton, PA 18966
(215) 947-8654 Varies
Jasmine Ueng-McHale, PhD* 32 N Main Street
Pennington, New Jersey 08534
(201) 893-0390 call for price
Jeffery A. Fine Associates, P.C. The Atrium, Suite 7
4 Terry Drive
Newtown, PA 18940
(215) 860-1144 $1700 - $3910
Joseph Tracy, Ph.D. 8 Pine Knoll Drive
Lawrenceville, NJ 08648
(609) 576-7124 $1500 (neuro psych) Accepts most major insurances
Newsome Psychological Services* 100 Creek Crossing Blvd
Hainesport, NJ 08036
(609) 702-5880 $150 consult
Psychological Services Clinic of Chestnut Hill College 1107 Bethlehem Pike
Suite. 212
Flourtown, PA 19031
(215) 233-1914 Sliding Scale - call for price
Psychological Services Clinic of Rutgers University* 152 Frelinghuysen Rd.
Piscataway, NJ 08854
(848) 445-6111 call for price
Rosemarie Scolaro-Moser, Ph.D.* 281 Witherspoon Street
Suite 230
Princeton, NJ 08540
(609) 895-1070 $3,500
RSM Psychology Center, LLC
Dr. Rosemarie Scolaro-Moser, PhD*
3131 Princeton Pike
Building 5, Suite 110
Lawrenceville, NJ 08648
(609) 895-1070 call for price
TCNJ Student Evaluation Clinic* 2000 Pennington Road
Education Building
Room 105 B (First floor)
Ewing, NJ 08628-0718
(609) 771-3180 $700 - $1,400
The Center for Emotional Health of Greater Philadelphia* 1910 Marlton Pike East
Cherry Hill, NJ 08003
(856) 220-9672 $1500 - $1800 (Aetna accepted)
Provider Location Phone # Insurances Accepted Typical Cost per Session Typical Office Hours
Nancy Goldin, MD 4446 Rt. 27
Kingston, NJ 08528
(609) 688-8700 None $400 eval for 1 1/2, $200 follow up for 30min medication only, 50min therapy for $250 Mon-Thurs 930-5
Kani Ilangovan, MD 20 Nassau St., Suite 309
Princeton, NJ 08542
(609) 529-2573 None $200 initial eval, $150 for 30min follow up/200 for 45min follow up 10am-3pm M-F
Steven Resnick, MD 1000 Herrontown Rd.
Princeton, NJ 08540
(609) 683-0707      
Jagwinder Sardhu, MD 194 North Harrison St.
Princeton, NJ 08540
(609) 751-6607 Aetna, Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield $250 initial eval, $150 follow up Evening hours (after 3pm)
Edward Szteinbaum, MD 330 North Harrison St. suite #1
Princeton, NJ 08540
(609) 921-3666 Aetna $400 for first meeting, $250 for 25min follow up, and $300 for 40min follow up M 9-4, T/Th 9-5
Agency Location Phone # Insurances Accepted Typical Cost per Session Office Hours Sliding Scale Services Offered Specialties Website
Catholic Charities 39 North Clinton Avenue
Trenton, NJ 08604
(609) 394-3202 Medicaid, Medicare, some private insurances but not all Varies depending on whether individual is insured or uninsured Mon-Fri 9am-5pm Yes outpatient therapy; can't come for just med management
Center for Emotional Health 385 North Kings Highway
Cherry Hill, NJ
(Satelite office in Princeton)
(856) 220-9672 Aetna For licensed doctor (initial $220, $180 for 45 min session) For post doc (initial $175, $145 for 45 min) Varies depending on therapist Cost difference between licensed and postdocs Outpatient therapy OCD, Anxiety, Depression
CHOP Philadelphia, PA (215) 280-1728              
Corner House 369 Witherspoon St.
Princeton, NJ 08540
(609) 924-8018 Medicaid Individual session $110. group session $55, urine drug screen $1-$15 Monday-Thursday 9am-9pm, Friday 9am-5pm No Level 1 outpatient counseling services for substance abuse substance abuse
DBT Center of New Jersey 134 Franklin Corner Rd.
Suite 103
Lawrenceville, NJ 08648
(609) 538-9300   
Genpsych 3620 Quakerbridge Road, Hamilton, NJ 08619 (609) 403-6190              
HiTOPS 21 Wiggins St.
Princeton, NJ 08540
(609) 683-5155              
Jewish Family and Children Services 707 Alexander Rd.
Princeton, NJ 08540
(609) 987-8100              
Lutheran Social Ministries of NJ 3 Manhattan Dr.
Burlington, NJ 08016
(609) 386-7171              
Princeton Center for DBt 20 Nassau St.
Suite 119
Princeton, NJ 08542
(609) 921-0020              
Princeton House Behavioral Health Princeton, NJ
Hamilton, NJ
North Brunswick, NJ
Cherry Hill, NJ
Outpatient: (888) 437-1610
Inpatient: (800) 242-2550
RSM Psychology Center 3131 Princeton Pike
Suite 110
Lawrenceville, NJ 08648
(609) 895-1070              
Rutgers Anxiety Disorders Clinic 797 Hoes Lane West
Piscataway, NJ 08854
(732) 445-5384              
Rutgers Psychological Services Clinic 152 Frelinghuisen Rd.
Piscataway, NJ 08854
(848) 445-6111              
TCNJ Clinic 2000 Pennington Rd.
Ewing, NJ 08628
(609) 771-2700              
Trinity Counceling Services 22 Stockton St.
Princeton, NJ 08540
(609) 924-0060              
Womanspace 1860 Brunswick Ave.
Lawrenceville, NJ 08648
(800) 572-7233