Welcome to Rider!
Orientation introduces new students to life as a Rider Bronc. This fun-filled and informative event offers opportunities for you to get to know your classmates and prepare for a successful transition to college life. If you have any questions, please contact us at (609)-896-5373 or [email protected].
Families and students are also welcome to join us for "Taking Care of Business" Days to meet with staff from essential Rider offices to get ready for the start of college.
For students only
Registration is open for the overnight orientation sessions. Space is limited so register early to hold your preferred dates!
View a packing list (PDF) for overnight orientation.
- Wednesday, June 29 (starts 1 p.m.) - Thursday, June 30 (ends at 12 noon)
- Tuesday, July 12 (starts 1 p.m.) - Wednesday, July 13 (ends at 12 noon)
- Monday, July 18 (starts 1 p.m.) - Tuesday, July 19 (ends at 12 noon)*
* Westminster Choir College and School of Fine & Performing Arts students are encouraged to attend the July 18-19 event. Placement testing for select majors will take place during this event.
- Thursday, July 7 (from 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.)
Note: Registration for single-day orientation is now closed. The session is completely full. Please register for an overnight orientation session.
- Orientation is mandatory. Students must select one orientation date to attend.
- Orientation is for students only. For the overnight sessions, families may rejoin their students for lunch in the Cavalla Room in the Bart Luedeke Center (BLC) at the end of the 2nd day. View the campus map.
- Students should complete all placement testing prior to Orientation.
Taking Care of Business Days
For students and families
During "Taking Care of Business" Days, families can meet with staff from essential Rider offices to learn about the support services available to students, get questions answered and prepare for the start of college. We look forward to welcoming you to campus!
- Wednesday, June 15 from 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, June 21 from 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Thursday, June 23 from 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. (First-Generation to College themed)
- Monday, July 11 from 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Attending Taking Care of Business Day does NOT fulfill the mandatory Orientation requirement for students. Students should register for Orientation separately.
- Special programming for first-gen college students and their families is available during the June 23 event.
- You may schedule a personal appointment with the Office of Financial Aid or Student Accessibility and Support Services (SASS) as part of your visit.
- Arrive at any time between 9:30 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. Please check-in with the Orientation Leaders at the NJM Room in the Bart Luedeke Center (BLC) for a welcome to campus. View the campus map.
Available offices will include:
- Academic Deans
- Center for Diversity and Inclusion
- Financial Aid
- New Student Programs
- Public Safety
- Student Accessibility and Support Services (SASS)
- Student Navigation Office (SNO)
- Residence Life - Housing and Dining
New student checklist
Visit the Enrolled Students resource page for a checklist of next steps to complete before the start of the semester.