New Student Orientation
Welcome to Rider University!
Apply to be an Orientation Leader
Orientation Leaders are undergraduate student leaders who assist in the
organization and execution of Summer Orientation, Welcome Week, and January
Orientation. The position is full-time during the summer and the week prior
to January Orientation.
- Attend one Info Session
- Submit your application by Friday, November 13th, at 5:00 pm
- Submit two references by Friday, November 13th at 5:00 pm
- Candidates who are selected for the group interview will be notified onMonday, November 30th with details regarding time and location of the interview.
- Group interview will be held on Friday, February 5th
- Individual interviews will be held the week of February 8th by appointment
Click here to register for an Information session (on the night of your chosen session, a Zoom link will be emailed to you!)
Summer 2020 Orientation Sessions
We are excited for you to join the Bronc family and orientation is the next step in your journey. Orientation is an opportunity for new students and their family members to connect with faculty and administrators, learn about campus resources and meet other new students.
For new students:
Rider University’s online orientation program available in our learning platform, Canvas.
Students should complete all required elements of orientation by July 31.
You will find the online orientation easy to navigate and set up by topic. Each module will have a presentation for you to view and a discussion board where you can ask any follow up questions you may have on the topic. Many presentations are supplemented by live web meetings via zoom with Rider staff at faculty to discuss the information provided in further detail. We hope you fully take advantage of this robust, online program and all of the resources provided.
To access the online student orientation:
- Check your Rider University email. You will find an email containing an invitation to the Summer 2020 Orientation course in Canvas.
- Click on the link contained in the email and login to Canvas using your Rider Key.
- You will see the invitation to the Summer 2020 Orientation course at the top of the page. Click to accept the invitation.
Once you access the course, you will land on the Welcome to Orientation page. From there, you will navigate to the first module. You will find that the online orientation will be a mix of required and optional presentations.
You do not have to complete all parts of the orientation at once, however, the sooner you are able to review the information, the sooner you will have the opportunity to register for required, live sessions such as Bronc Small group with Orientation Leaders, the Rider Classroom Experience with a faculty member from your academic college, and office hours to meet with your Academic Coordinator to discuss your fall schedule.
If you have questions, please reach out to the orientation team at [email protected]. We look forward to virtually meeting you soon!
For parents and families:
Visit the Parent & Family online orientation page for virtual events, videos and more. The resources on this page are meant to ensure that your student has a smooth transition to college life, and will serve as your guide to assist them during this process. This page will remain available to families through September 2020.