The Office of Service & Civic Engagement staff are available to meet with student clubs and organizations to identify meaningful service experiences in the community that connect with each group’s mission and goals. OS&CE staff can facilitate the development of service initiatives and implementation of projects that are mutually beneficial to the community and Rider students.
If you are interested in hosting a Community Assistant (CA) Program in collaboration with The Office of Service & Civic Engagement please reach out to [email protected].
Rider Resource Pantry
The Rider Pantry is located in Vona Center, Room #23. The pantry is a resource intended to provide food security for students in financial need. The Rider Pantry is open to undergraduate & graduate students. The Rider Pantry eliminates barriers to student success by providing resources & opportunities.
Fall & Spring Hours of Operation:
*No appointment necessary*
10:00 AM - 2:00 PM Monday - Friday
6:30 PM - 8:00 PM Wednesday
Winter (J-Term) Hours of Operation:
Mondays & Thursdays 1:00 PM - 5:00 PM
To access the pantry outside of regular hours of operation, please schedule an appointment by emailing [email protected]
Summer Hours of Operations:
The WhyHunger Hotline refers people in need across the U.S. to food pantries, soup kitchens, summer meals sites, government nutrition programs and grassroots organizations, especially those that provide access to nutritious foods and nutritional support services.
Call 1(800) 5-HUNGRY or text your zip code to 1-800-548-6479
Donations are welcome!
Please view our Pantry Wish List for items that are needed in the pantry. Smaller donations can be dropped off in cranberry bins across campus.
Donation Drop Off Location:
- SRC - Next to Printing Station, across from Starbucks
- Moore Library - Outside Human Resources on the Ground Floor
- BLC - Outside Room 113 in the Student Affairs Suite & on the ground level in front of the Information Desk
- Sweigert - By the Data Analytics Lab
- Bierenbaum - 1st Floor, next to Printing Station
- Lynch Adler - 1st Floor, right outside elevator
- Science Building, 1st floor, next to Printing Station
- Fine Arts, 1st floor, near the Printing Station
- Centennial House, Main lobby
Please reach out to The Office of Service & Civic Engagement via [email protected] if you have any questions, comments, or concerns.
Pantry Wish List
Non-Perishable Food Items:
- Peanut Butter
- Squeezable Jelly
- Microwavable or Boxed Rice
- Canned Tuna or Chicken Breast
- Fruit Cups
- Shelf Stable Reduced Fat Milk
- Shelf Stable Almond Milk
- Granola Bars
- Microwavable Mac and Cheese Cups
- Parmesan Cheese
- Cooking Oil
- Salad Dressing
- Chicken Broth
- Box of Pasta
- Pasta Sauce
- Hormel Compleats
- Idahoan Mashed Potatoes
- Dried Herbs and Spices
Personal Care Items:
- 2.5-oz Toothpaste
- Tooth brushes
- Body wash
- Feminine Hygiene Products
In an effort to provide resources for students who have considerable financial need and are food insecure, you can donate your unused guest passes to provide meals in Daly’s or Westminster Commons for students in need. If you have a residential meal plan and would like to donate one or more of the five guest meals included in your plan, please complete the form in BroncNation.
How to donate guest meal swipes to students in need:
- Sign into BroncNation
- Select "Forms"
- Click START next to "Donate a guest meal to students in need"
- Fill out form
- Click "Next"
- Form should be completed.
Thank you donors!
The Rider Pantry is a proud participant of the Panera Day-End Dough-Nation™ program. Unsold bread and baked goods are donated to the Rider Pantry once a week.