Holiday Calendar 2020–2021
The following holidays will be observed during the 2020-2021 academic year:
- Labor Day – Monday, September 7, 2020
- Day Before Thanksgiving – Wednesday, November 25, 2020
- Thanksgiving Day – Thursday, November 26, 2020
- Day after Thanksgiving – Friday, November 27, 2020
- Christmas Eve – Thursday, December 24, 2020
- Christmas Day – Friday, December 25, 2020
- New Year’s Day – Friday, January 1, 2021
- Martin Luther King Day – Monday, January 18, 2021
- Spring Holiday – Friday, March 21, 2021
- Memorial Day – Monday, May 31, 2021
- Independence Day – Monday, July 5, 2021 (observed)
To be paid for a Rider holiday, you must work or take an authorized paid day off on the scheduled workday before and after the holiday.
Floating Holidays: Non-faculty employees who are employed by the University on July 1 will receive two floating holidays (nurses receive one). New hire non-faculty employees hired between July 1 and December 31 will receive two floating holidays, except nurses who will receive one. New hire non-faculty employees hired between January 1 and May 30 will receive one floating holiday. New hire non-faculty employees hired during the month of June will not receive a floating holiday for that fiscal year. The use of floating holidays require supervisory approval and may not be carried over into the next fiscal year.
Summer Hours: The summer flex schedule will begin on Monday, May 18, 2020 and run through Friday, August 21, 2020. For additional information, please view the summer Flextime and Dress-Down Policy.
Winter Close: From Monday, December 28, 2020 through Thursday, December 31, 2020, the University will again close to allow staff an extended holiday period and to conserve energy costs. The University will reopen on Monday, January 4, 2021.
Winter Reduced Work Schedule: During the inter-session period that runs from December 23, 2020, through January 15, 2021, we will follow a reduced work schedule. During this period, the Monday through Thursday workday hours will be 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. and Fridays from 8:30 a.m. to noon. Please note that certain important activities will continue during this period. Any departments unable to fully accommodate this reduced workweek schedule will be encouraged to make comparable alternate arrangements.