Academics and Life at Rider
- Freshmen students may be required to take a placement test; your academic advisor will be helping you register for classes after arrival. More information will be given during orientation.
- Transfer students should contact the appropriate individual within their college of enrollment as soon as they receive their acceptance letter.
- Graduate students should contact the appropriate individual within their college of enrollment as soon as they receive their acceptance letter.
- Exchange and visiting students coming from American Business School, University of Graz, Nebrija University, Alcala University and the University of Music and Dramatic Arts are considered exchange students. Students from Xi’an University are considered visiting students. Upon receipt of their acceptance letter, all exchange and visiting students attending Westminster should contact Ms. Marjory Klein. All students attending the Lawrenceville campus should contact Ms. Angela Gonzalez-Walker.
Access to Rider University Online Services
All Rider students are assigned a Rider e-mail address. Students are expected to use their Rider e-mail for all university functions, and to check this e-mail regularly. You will also be assigned a RIDER KEY account ID, which allows you to access multiple services provided to the Rider community. These include:
- Rider E-mail
- MyRider: View student account, online tuition payment, view course schedule, online course scheduling (beginning in your second semester)
- Library database access
- Canvas access (course materials)
Your acceptance packet included a letter with your Rider user ID and password. This user ID will be your login information for all online services, including your e-mail. The default password is your 9 digit Bronc ID # plus the 4-digits (MMDD) of your date of birth. For example: if your Bronc ID is '000123456' and the date of birth is January 21, 1985, the default password will be '0001234560121'.
Computers and Internet Access
All students have high-speed access to the Internet; wireless access should be available in most buildings on campus, including all academic buildings and all residence halls. There are also computer labs in different buildings, and kiosks in several academic buildings with Internet access. Print stations are available throughout campus as well.
Most Rider students find it convenient to bring a personal computer to campus. All Accounting and Information Systems undergraduates are required to purchase a computer.For more information, please contact the College of Business Administration directly at [email protected].