Rider University is proud to offer a wide variety of graduate assistantships (GA) for accepted graduate students. A GA opportunity at Rider will not only help you finance your graduate education, it provides an invaluable academic and professional development experience. Being a GA at Rider allows graduate students the chance to be an essential team member of a Rider department while gaining practical experience, expanding academic understanding, and networking with leaders and students in their discipline and across the University. A graduate assistantship at Rider is a rewarding experience that offers collaboration with faculty and staff, mentorship, new knowledge and skills and community.
Below, please find the current available Graduate Assistant (GA) positions for the 2022-2023 academic year beginning Spring 2022. All GA positions are paid at a rate of $13.20 per hour and typically offer tuition remission for 3-6 credits a semester. During the academic year (September-May), students in these positions can work up to 20 hours per week. Depending on the department needs, many positions may be continued during the summer and winter terms up to 40 hours per week.
To begin and maintain a GA position, you must be enrolled in at least one graduate level course per semester throughout your time at Rider.
For current Rider University students:
Please find all open GA positions on Handshake and apply utilizing Handshake
For applicants who are not currently enrolled at Rider University:
To apply for one or more open GA positions, submit your resume, cover letter, and any other required documents specified in the position description to the following email: [email protected]. Documents must be submitted as PDF files.
- Include in the subject line the name of the specific position to which you are applying. You may apply to as many positions as you like. Please send a separate email for each job application.
- Some positions have specific deadlines (as noted in their descriptions). If a deadline is not specified, then the applications for those positions will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Hiring Managers will reach out to you directly if they are interested in setting up an interview.
- If you have any questions about a position, please reach out to the contact person indicated in the job description.
All GA openings with a Fall semester start date will be posted to Handshake.
If you are an incoming graduate student with a Fall 2022 enrollment date, please refer here for GA openings for the Fall semester.
For information about Graduate Assistantships within Westminster Choir College, refer to Graduate Assistantships and Scholarships at WCC
Residence Life also offers Community Director Graduate Assistantships. Information about how to apply for those positions can be found at Residence Life Graduate Assistantships.
- Graduate Assistant - Loan Officer (PDF)
- Graduate Assistant - Marketing Department (PDF)
- Graduate Assistant - Diversity and Inclusion (PDF)
- Graduate Assistant - ISSCM Department (PDF)
- Graduate Assistant - Finance/Economics Department (PDF)
- Graduate Assistant - Sports Communication (PDF)
- Graduate Assistant - Student Navigation Office(PDF)
- Graduate Assistant - Rider's Office of International Education (PDF)
- Graduate Assistant - Homeland Security (PDF)
- Graduate Assistant - Office of Undergraduate Admissions (PDF)
- Graduate Assistant - Student Success Program (PDF)
- Graduate Assistant - One Stop Services (PDF)