Rider University is proud to offer a wide variety of graduate assistantships (GA) for accepted graduate students. A GA opportunity at Rider will not only help you finance your graduate education, it provides an invaluable academic and professional development experience. Being a GA at Rider allows graduate students the chance to be an essential team member of a Rider department while gaining practical experience, expanding academic understanding, and networking with leaders and students in their discipline and across the University. A graduate assistantship at Rider is a rewarding experience that offers collaboration with faculty and staff, mentorship, new knowledge and skills and community.
Below, please find the current available Graduate Assistant (GA) positions for the 2022 academic year beginning fall 2021. All GA positions are paid at a rate of $12.30 per hour and typically offer tuition remission for 3-6 credits a semester. During the academic year (September-May), students in these positions can work up to 20 hours per week. Depending on the department needs, many positions may be continued during the summer and winter terms up to 40 hours per week.
To begin and maintain a GA position, you must be enrolled in at least one graduate level course per semester throughout your time at Rider.
For current Rider University students:
Please find all open GA positions on Handshake and apply utilizing Handshake
For applicants who are not currently enrolled at Rider University:
To apply for one or more open GA positions, submit your resume, cover letter, and any other required documents specified in the position description to the following email: [email protected]
- Include in the subject line the name of the specific position to which you are applying. You may apply to as many positions as you like. Please send a separate email for each job application.
- Some positions have specific deadlines (as noted in their descriptions). If a deadline is not specified, then the applications for those positions will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Hiring Managers will reach out to you directly if they are interested in setting up an interview.
- If you have any questions about a position, please reach out to the contact person indicated in the job description.
- Graduate Assistant for the Office of Undergraduate Admissions (PDF)
- Graduate Assistant for Graduate Education, Leadership, & Counseling Department (PDF)
- Instructional Technology Graduate Assistant (Digital Video Editor) (PDF)
- Graduate Assistant for Career Development & Success (CLAS and WCA) (PDF)
- Graduate Assistant for Career Development & Success (NBCB and CEHS) (PDF)
- Graduate Assistant for the Department of Communications & Journalism (PDF)
- Graduate Assistant for the Office of Service and Civic Engagement (PDF)
- Graduate Assistant for Transition Programs (PDF)
- Graduate Assistant for the Finance/Economics Department (PDF)
- Graduate Assistant for the Management Department (PDF)
- Outreach Graduate Assistant for the Counseling Center (PDF)
- Student Navigation Office Graduate Assistant (PDF)
- Graduate Assistant for Student Accessibility and Support Services (PDF)
- Graduate Assistant at Center for International Education (PDF)
- Graduate Assitant for University Advancement (PDF)
* This webpage will be updated daily to reflect any changes in open positions - the addition of new positions or an indication that a position has been filled.