M.A. in Applied Psychology: Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA)
Our tuition reimbursement program offers Bancroft employees the opportunity to earn a graduate degree in Applied Psychology from one of our region’s most respected private universities — plus specialized credentialing as a behavior analyst.
About the Bancroft/Rider Partnership
Bancroft and Rider University continue their partnership in offering a 20% discount on tuition for any Bancroft employee interested in a Master’s in Applied Psychology and a board certified Applied Behavior Analyst. If you qualify, Bancroft will cover full tuition for the degree program. Check with the human resources office at Bancroft for more details. Students will earn a coveted academic training while attending classes conveniently on the Bancroft campus.
Enjoy convenient on-site, afternoon and evening courses provided on the Bancroft campus
Learn alongside and share your educational experience with fellow employees in an intimate, cohort-based program limited to 20 students
Benefit from tuition reimbursement for qualifying employees (See Admission Information)
About Rider’s ABA Program
Rider University’s part-time graduate program in Applied Psychology is designed to meet the schedules of working professionals. It was created to fill the critical need for highly trained behavior analysts.
The 37-credit program provides training in evidence-based practices in Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) to support clients, community members and family members across a variety of settings. Students learn how to:
- Apply behavioral principles to solve performance problems
- Build new behaviors and strengthen existing appropriate behaviors
- Gain a compassionate understanding of individual differences
- Develop strategies that will impact behavior and learning
National Certification Preparation
The Association for Behavior Analysis International has verified the following courses toward the coursework requirements for eligibility to take the Board Certified Behavior Analyst® examination. Applicants will need to meet additional requirements before they can be deemed eligible to take the examination.
Access Rider University’s VCS information from ABAI
Access information from the BACB about the pass rates of verified course sequences.
Required Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) Core (24 credit hours)
- Introduction to Applied Behavior Analysis
- Principles of Learning
- Functional Assessment
- Single Subject Research Design and Analysis
- Ethics for Behavior Analysts
- Models of ABA Instruction
- Interventions for Applied Behavior Analysts
- Supervision and Management in AB
Additional Courses (13 credit hours)
- Social Skills Assessment and Intervention
- Selected Topics in Applied Psychology (topics vary)
- Thesis in ABA (7 credits – includes a 1 credit proposal
Admission Information and Requirements
*To apply through the Bancroft program, you must:
- Be employed a minimum of one year (full-time) at Bancroft
- Commit to continuing employment at Bancroft for two years after completing your master’s degree.
In order to apply, you must submit the following documents.
- Rider University Application for Graduate Study
- Two letters of recommendation (one of which must be from a Bancroft Director or higher-level position)
- Official transcripts from every college or university attended
- Statement of Aims and Objectives