The following is important information for programs requiring an audition as part of the application process.
Once you've reviewed the requirements below, submit your application. When we have received your application you will receive email instruction on how to select an audition date. We only require a pre-screening recording for Musical Theatre. All other applicants are invited to audition. Auditions are scheduled on a first-come, first-served basis. While we will do our best to accommodate all requests, we cannot guarantee your first choice.
Auditions are required for admission to all Westminster Choir College and some School of Fine and Performing Arts programs. Auditions are by appointment only. In order to request an audition date you must submit your completed application at least 4 weeks prior to the selected audition date.
- Westminster Choir College Program Requirements
- School of Fine and Performing Arts Program Requirements
Applicants are encouraged to audition in person. Recorded auditions are only accepted for applicants living more than 250 miles from Princeton or having extenuating circumstances. This does not apply to students interested in the BFA in Musical Theatre or the BA in Theatre with a Musical Theatre Concentration. A Live Audition is required for both BFA Musical Theatre and BA Theatre with a Musical Theatre Concentration.
The application deadline for Musical Theatre is December 1. All pre-screening materials for Musical Theatre must be submitted by that time. Students applying through Early Action for majors requiring an audition should plan to audition in December. Early Action is not available to Musical Theatre applicants, though Musical Theatre students wishing to apply for the Trustee Scholarship are encouraged to apply by November 1 and would need to audition in December. Musical Theatre students interested in attending December Auditions must submit their pre-screen by November 15th.
All auditions are evaluated by faculty members from the relevant departments. An accompanist will be provided for on-campus vocal auditions.
Neither the Westminster College of the Arts Office of Admission nor the individual departments will provide any feedback about the audition to any inquirers, including applicants, parents or teachers.
All dates are subject to change
To register for an audition:
- Students must submit the completed application for admission and $50 application processing fee at least four weeks in advance of the requested audition date.
- Students applying through Early Action for majors requiring an audition should plan to audition in December. Early Action is not available to Musical Theatre applicants, though Musical Theatre students wishing to apply for the Trustee Scholarship are encouraged to apply by November 1 and would need to audition in December.
- Musical Theatre students interested in attending December Auditions must submit their pre-screen by November 1st.
- The Musical Theater application deadline is December 1. All pre-screen materials must be submitted by that time.
- To be considered for an academic-talent merit scholarship, all other students are strongly encouraged to apply by January 15th.
- Once your application is submitted, you will receive instructions via email on how to register for your audition. Please check your email regularly.
- You will be notified of your specific audition check-in time and location approximately two weeks prior to your registered audition date.
Westminster Choir College Undergraduate Audition Dates
Saturday, December 14, 2019
Saturday, January 25, 2020
Saturday, February 15, 2020
School of Fine and Performing Arts Audition Dates
Saturday, December 14, 2019
Saturday, January 11, 2020
Saturday, February 8, 2020
Regional Unified Dates
Tampa- Saturday, January 4, 2020 & Sunday, January 5, 2020
New York - Saturday, January 18, 2020 & Sunday, January 19, 2020
Chicago - Tuesday, February 4, 2020 & Wednesday, February 5, 2020
Los Angeles - Saturday, February 8, 2020
- Choose your clothing for an audition day carefully. An audition is similar to a job interview, in terms of apparel. The clothes for your audition should be somewhat dressy, appropriate, tasteful and generally conservative. We suggest that you practice in the shoes you plan to wear. Jeans are not appropriate audition attire.
- Show good judgment in the material you select to present for your audition. Choose audition material that is appropriate for your age and experience.
- Be able to answer questions about your audition material. Don’t be caught off guard if the faculty asks a question about your song or monologue and it’s meaning or context.
- An accompanist will be provided for all vocal auditions. You will not be able to rehearse with the accompanist before your audition. Please be sure your music is well-marked and presented in a binder without sheet protectors. You will not be able to audition a cappella or with a recorded accompaniment.
- Musical Theatre and Theatre Performance applicants should bring two copies of a one page résumé and headshot. The headshot should be a recent 8 x 10 photograph. The résumé should include all training and experience you have had in music, theatre, and dance and be stapled to the back of the headshot.
The Admission Office staff and artistic faculty are not able to provide individual feedback from student auditions because of the volume of candidates to consider. We ask your understanding, and thank you in advance.
If you have any questions regarding your audition date, please call the Office of Admission at 800-962-4647 or email: [email protected]