The following is important information for programs requiring an Audition or Interview as part of the application process for the Westminster College of the Arts. In order to maintain our mission of accessibility, Rider University will be offering a hybrid of in-person and virtual audition dates for the 2021-2022 academic year.
Please review the specific academic and artistic requirements for your major. This information can be found on your school’s individual page.
- Organ Performance
- Voice Performance
- Music Education
- Sacred Music
- Theory and Composition
- Music (B.A.M.)
- Musical Theatre - Theatre with a Concentration in Musical Theatre (B.F.A. or B.A.)
- Theatre with a Concentration in Design & Technology (B.A.)
- Acting for Film, Television, and Theatre (B.F.A.)
- Theatre with a Concentration in Contemporary Theatre Practice (B.A.)
- All Auditions and/or Interviews will be a hybrid of in-person and virtual dates for 2021-2022.
- Auditions and/or Interviews are required for admission to all Westminster Choir College and some School of Fine and Performing Arts programs.
- The first step of your audition or interview process, is to submit your Academic Application.
- Please visit your school’s specific page for further instruction.
- All auditions and interviews are evaluated by faculty members from the relevant departments.
- The Application Deadline for Musical Theatre is November 15.
- All PreScreen Materials must be submitted by that time.
- You cannot submit your academic application and your prescreen materials in the same day.
- It will take two to three days for us to build your customized Dashboard so that your prescreen materials can be uploaded.
- The Application Deadline for Acting for Film, Television, and Theatre is November 15.
- Early Action is available to all majors except for the B.F.A. in Musical Theatre, B.A. in Theatre with a Concentration in Musical Theatre, and B.F.A. in Acting for Film, Television, and Theatre.
- The Trustee Scholarship Application is available to all Westminster College of the Arts applicants.
- All students interested in Early Action or the Trustee Scholarship must audition or interview before December 20.
- All students applying for the Trustee Scholarship must submit an application, and if applicable, Pre Screen Materials by November 15.
Westminster Choir College Undergraduate Audition & Interview Dates
- Saturday, December 4, 2021
- Saturday, January 22, 2022
- Saturday, February 26, 2022 (Live virtual)
School of Fine and Performing Arts Audition & Interview Dates
- Saturday, December 11, 2021
- Saturday, January 8, 2022
- Saturday, February 5, 2022 (Live virtual)
Regional Unified Dates
- New York- January 29 & 30, 2022
- Chicago- February 7 & 8, 2022
- Los Angeles- February 12 & 13, 2022
*All dates are subject to change
If you have any questions regarding your audition or interview, please call the Office of Admission at 800-257-9026 or email: [email protected]