GLASS: General Liberal Arts and Sciences Studies Program for Undeclared Majors Lines Underneath
AT RIDER, WE BELIEVE IN THE POWER OF EXPLORATION!
If you’re still considering your major…you’re in good company: One of every five Rider freshmen waits to declare a major.
Features of the GLASS Program include:
- GLASS Freshman Seminars help students explore career options and academic majors.
- Peer-to-Peer Mentoring from successful GLASS students.
- Major and Career Advising
We will help you connect your interests, strengths, and values to possible majors and careers.
- The Classroom Visitation Program (CVP) invites participants to visit upper-level courses in prospective majors across the University.
- Academic Linked Advising via the Freshman Seminars.
- Sophomore Mentoring Program partners sophomores in the GLASS program with Rider Alum to focus on professional development and life after Rider University
- A Core Curriculum provides a unique opportunity to sample courses in a wide variety of areas while fulfilling the necessary requirements for graduation.
- GLASS prepares students to participate in immersion opportunities, designed to connect academic interests to the world beyond the classroom:
For more information, contact:
Theresa (Terri) Marriott, M.A. ’03 ’09 is the Director of Student Academic Services for Liberal Arts and Sciences and Adjunct Professor for the College of Continuing Studies. She earned her Master and Bachelor degrees from Rider University and joined the Rider Administration in 1995.
1996-2001 Postdoctoral Fellow, Scripps Institution of Oceanography
1991-1996 Ph.D. in Molecular and Cell Biology, Center of Marine Biotechnology; University of Maryland
1987-1991 B.S. in Biology, Cook College, Rutgers University