A Blending of Cultures
Where We’re From, Where We Are, & Where We’re Going
Our Mission Statement
The Tapestry Initiative is designed to engage Rider University students in unique media learning and teaching opportunities, including filmmaking, opinion, journalistically impactful reporting, and community educational presentations that foster reflection of the cultural and life experiences of underrepresented populations.
Tapestry welcomes any Rider University student who has a passion for and a willingness to learn about the stories of those in underrepresented populations through journalistic research and media programming.
Educational Opportunities & Events
- Dr. Loretta Long - Author and Early television pioneer
- Susan L. Taylor - Editor Emeritus of Essence Magazine
- Angela Davis - Activist, Author, Civil rights icon
- Perspective Z - Online Op-Ed Publication
- Cultural trips to DC
- Professional Training Sessions
Fine Arts Building
lharris [at] rider.edu
Academic Focus: English